PDA

View Full Version : ECU TO BE USED WITH NITROUS

nitroandy
04-19-2007, 12:55 PM
Hi, I have now finished the nitrous kit on my 88" xb12...but before I start playing with it I want to make sure everything is OK.

I am currently running the pro-race ECU and I wounder whether I should replace it with the stock unit...

Does anyone know the differences of the ignition timing curve between the stock ecu and the pro race unit ?

THANKS FOR THE EXPERT SUPPORT !!!

buellxb
04-19-2007, 01:46 PM
Nitrous on a Buell XB12? You're insane, but I like it. We're going to need to see videos and pics if at all possible. I'm pretty sure if you post any videos on youtube then we can imbed them into posts.

nitroandy
04-19-2007, 07:40 PM
Hey, I just had my turbo zx12r published on a local tech mag...it's got 300 hp at rear wheel...That's insane !!! (Although I am still looking for more...)

Anyway, I will send the picks as soon as I make it work perfectly.

Nitrous on harleys can be tricky and I am trying to ensure everything is OK before spraying.

You will love this bike because it's got the 88", head porting, big valves, Ohlins front and rear, 8 pot caliper, etc. etc.

The info about ECU ignition timing is really precious as it might save me an expensive angine rebuilding...

buellxb
04-19-2007, 08:14 PM
I feel like a kid before Christmas. I want to see pictures and possibly a video! Have you ever watched Pinks? That bald guy that hosts the show jumped on some one's sport bike, it was so powerful that when he let off the clutch he totally wiped out. I've never seen a 200 hp motorcycle in person, let alone some monstrosity pushing 300.

nitroandy
04-19-2007, 08:31 PM
If you give me your e-mail I will get you pics of the Kawa (I have plenty).

Then when I take them you will also get the Buell's !

buellxb
04-19-2007, 11:10 PM
shoot me an email at buellparts@yahoo.com