PDA

View Full Version : I went down today...

HagJ74
04-19-2007, 03:51 PM
I went down today.[mad] Im ok just a buised foot.[up] Bike has minor damage...left turn signal, left foot peg and shifter broke off. Thank God for frame pucks. Can anyone recommend a good rearset? I would like Sato but its just a bit pricey. Really looking at Woodcraft, much cheaper but doesnt come in black. Any suggestions?

CanadianBuell
04-19-2007, 04:25 PM
Sorry to here you went down, what caused it? Also was there any frame/tank damage at all or do the pucks really help that much?. I have been thinking about getting them for some time know but they keep getting shoved down the todo list by more exciting mods that make me go faster lol.

HagJ74
04-19-2007, 04:45 PM
yeah the pucks definately saved me alot of money. i would have had frame damage if i didnt have them. Cause...it was a case of damned if i do damned if i dont. it was on a two lane connector road. i just came off a cloverleaf and was in the right lane. its a type of connector road where all the people in the left lane need to merge into right lane and all right lane people need to merge into left lane. well my attention was drawn to the car on my left. he was merging into my lane, guess he didnt see me. so i sped up to avoid him. right when i accelerated and looked forward the two cars, one directly to my front and the one in the left lane slammed on their brakes and stopped directly in front of me. i applied brakes and to avoid striking the rear of the car to my front and put her down. was only going about 10-15 mph. i think hitting the car in front of me would have cost me more money and resulted in more damage to my bike.

CanadianBuell
04-19-2007, 04:51 PM
Sounds like you had no choice, I've almost done the same thing, had the back end pass me but somehow kept her up. Nothing like a two wheel slide when you only have two wheels.:p

buellxb
04-19-2007, 08:20 PM
That blows. It's good to hear that you fared better than BuellPartsGuy. What type of Buell do you have? I have an extra custom rear seat that I'd let you have at a steal. It's a brand new SELECT SEAT for a Buell Lightning. It will fit '03 and later XB Lightning models. It retails for $200+. I will let you have it for $100 plus shipping. I would say the shipping might run $20 if you're in the USA. Shoot me an email if you're interested. buellparts@yahoo.com.
http://www.buellxb.com/shop/images/uploads/Buell_XB_select_seat.jpg

buellxb
04-19-2007, 08:24 PM
I would also add this custom seat to my Buell if you want to buy my factory Scg low seat for $50 plus shipping.

07xb12r
04-20-2007, 01:30 AM
I too, am sorry to hear you went down...Glad that it was minor with no injury. Thank you for reminding me as well about the frame pucks, seems we remember the go-fast goodies and put the "safety" items on the back burner. I will be getting mine this weekend...I appreciate the heads up, and very glad you are ok. I can just imagine how pissed you are about the damage no matter how minor, but at least you didn't get hurt.