PDA

View Full Version : HEY! New Dude here.

CityXer
09-27-2008, 04:34 AM
Im loving the new Xb9sx (City X). BUT I cant seam to escape my Crotch-Rocket past. i haven't rode one Yet but will in the near future. Can you Buell Vets give me a push start. Maybe a story on why u ride one or if you changed brands. One key thing i liked was the way better gas mileage. The other is its American,

Thanks. CityXer:D

buellxb
09-27-2008, 06:52 AM
Welcome to Buellxb.com! [cool][up]

The main thing I like is that a Buell is a unique motorcycle among many foreign sport bikes.

The creative engineering is an immediate conversation topic. Buells have the lightest production front end because they mount the disc to the outside of the rim and hollow out the heavy center of the wheel. The fuel is in the frame to lower the center of gravity and the exhaust is mounted low under the center of the bike to lower the center of gravity as well.

Kevlar belts instead of chains are good for the lack of maintenance required and the more instant throttle response as compared with a chain drive.

The sound of a Buell with an aftermarket exhaust is unbeatable IMO when compared to a regular rice burning crotch rocket.

There is plenty more to love, but it would take me forever and I'm feeling a bit to lazy at the moment to continue much further. The point is that you won't regret it. ;)[up]

LeFox
09-27-2008, 07:09 AM
got no rights here, buellxb...so this should be moved to the 'general motorcycle chat' forum ;)

welcome CityXer ;)

FIDOSOL
09-27-2008, 11:35 AM
Hey man, I have an 07 CityX and it is my dream bike, you will love the low end response, and anything over 100MPH is an upperbody workout, I get stares and comments all the time, At least 2 times a week someone comes up and asks me what it is and what's it like. When I got it, it was my dream bike and it has yet to disappoint. Good Luck with your decision man. Buells are one of the most well thought out and engineered motorcycles you'll find anywhere.

CityXer
10-02-2008, 02:51 AM
Thanks Guys/Gals, Hopefully ill be talking about mods on it real soon. Thats all i needed to forget about the Kaw.[cool]

XBear9S
11-15-2008, 01:43 AM
Well,

Ifin' ya like to be abused, ignored and ripped off by a dealership, scoffed by metrics and harleys alike, and denounced by the rest of the motorcycle world, have we got the bike for you!

Buellers (if they survive) are forged from a steal fired hard by neglect and abuse, and tempered by the cold shoulders of a world that loathes & hates them.

You've been warned. Run away! There's enough of us already. Don't expect our sympathies! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!!

Other than that, a CityX is GREAT!

Robtk! a.k.a. "Special K"

"All truth (about Buells) passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Secondly, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

--Arthur SchopenBuelly