PDA

View Full Version : Jardine Exhaust reviews

CanadianBuell
04-19-2007, 04:41 PM
Hey guys and maybe girls, I was wondering if anyone else has the Jardine slip on exhaust on an Buell XB. I have it and love it but I would like to here what others think, and maybe someone can directly compare it to the Drummer. My bud has the race kit exhaust and it looks as heavy as the stock, the Jardine weighs nothing in comparison.

mrdozer2you
04-20-2007, 07:35 PM
I have it and think its great! Its loud as all hell. Power gains.....ehh I guess its hard to notice a couple hp.

Mike
04-21-2007, 12:35 PM
Have the Titanium 1 and love it. i have not heard a drummer on a buell before. i cant you tell which 1 is better.

BuellPartsGuy
04-21-2007, 02:29 PM
Jardines sound good but they have a problem with blowing the packing out of them after about 5000 miles. Not a huge deal, but you do have to repack it, kind of a pain

MrOrange
04-21-2007, 08:16 PM
After two long months of backorder, I finally got my Carbon Fiber Jardine for my XB9s yesterday. Wow, it is Awesome! As far as the repacking goes it is pretty easy to take back off and does not look to hard to repack, I'll let you all know in 4800 miles.:D

wb2007
05-05-2007, 11:23 PM
i repacked my jardine with stainless steel packing, cut the noise by a few db and runs as good as ever.

here is a clip of the bike:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtQvZmI0CD0

i think the jardine is the best bang for buck muffler available:D

njsxb9
05-06-2007, 07:31 PM
I just got a XB9cityX with the Jardine Carbon Fiber on it./ I love it so far. Sounds good at open and even better at WOT.

JSW07
06-30-2007, 07:11 AM
I am not a fan of Drummer's...exhaust made by some guy in his garage just dosen't do anything for me!
I have a Jardine on order, I can't wait! You guys find it to be to loud?
I like the sound of yours wb2007...any other mods?

BuellPastor
08-06-2007, 02:54 AM
JSW get that pipe yet?

His_and_Her_Buells
08-06-2007, 10:00 AM
I am not a fan of Drummer's...exhaust made by some guy in his garage just dosen't do anything for me!

Didn't Erik start in his garage?:p

BuellPastor
08-06-2007, 10:50 PM
As did Bill Gates.

bbrady
08-06-2007, 11:46 PM
I've had a Jardine on for roughly twenty five hundred miles.

I love it!!!!! It sounds almost as loud as my Harley but the Buell is five times funner to ride!

JSW07
08-07-2007, 03:37 AM
BuellPastor- I have got my pipe and am currently on a 3000k trip and am hateing it right now...I have the baffle on order...sounds great but is a pain for long rides...I'm a musician I need to keep my ears!

mrdozer2you
08-07-2007, 12:51 PM
The baffle WILL help, when will you be recieving it? Did you try to have it shipped so that you will have it for the ride home? Or will you have to suffer this trip out, and put it on when you're back?

BuellPastor
08-08-2007, 09:52 PM
JSW - be safe. I hope we get to hear about your trip when you get back.[up]:D

JSW07
08-10-2007, 05:16 AM
So got back from my trip yesterday and my ears are still ringing...I hate the pipe with everything in me!

LeFox
08-10-2007, 12:22 PM
So got back from my trip yesterday and my ears are still ringing...I hate the pipe with everything in me!

well...you can't say we didn't tell you that it was loud [sad]
you're actually one of few who don't like the jardine, but that's what makes the world interesting...:p

best way to go if you feel that the sound of the stock is too quiet/soft is the buell race muffler, but they are hard to find since buell isn't allowed to make them anymore.

mrdozer2you
08-10-2007, 01:01 PM
Baffle, baffle, baffle, baffle, baffle. Try that first before you make a drastic change and waste money on another pipe that you may not like. Its a cheap fix and will probably be the best alternative to buying a new pipe that you havent heard. ( or just useless sound clips )

A good way to see how it will sound with the baffle is : ( make sure the bike is cool for this) start the bike, make a cup with your hand leaving about a inch or so hole, stick your hand on the end of the pipe and make a tight seal. Have a friend slightly roll the throttle. It'll make sort of a puffing sound instead of a pop. Its real close to the db level with the baffle, the sound will be slightly different but you get the idea.

mflueras
08-12-2007, 03:01 AM
I also have the Jardine and you all are right: it is loud. I hope JSW figures it out that he should be riding with ear plugs anyhow. Even if the exhaust was whisper quiet, the wind can still damage your hearing. Just my 2 cents. MF

njsxb9
08-12-2007, 04:50 PM
I have it on my XB9 and absolutely love it. Noticeable gain in hp performance too

BuellPastor
08-12-2007, 08:38 PM
Noticeable gain? Cool. What else did you change?

njsxb9
08-13-2007, 01:03 AM
I have the Race ECM, K&N Filter and Jardine Exhaust.

BuellPastor
08-14-2007, 03:15 PM
Does anyone have this pipe on a 12? I read that lengthy study (again) and it talks about how good the Jardine is for the 9, but not as good for the 12. I think they also said a remap might be better than race ECM. Any thoughts?

His_and_Her_Buells
08-14-2007, 03:34 PM
I put a Spec Ops pipe on my 12 last week and despite the fact that it is for a 9, I love it:D. I don't notice any loss in very low-end grunt from not having the exhaust valve and there is a definate improvement in the 2500+ rpm torque. Front wheel gets airborne much easier on the 2nd gear shift:D. The sound is superb (maybe just a touch loud but still good). I have studied that comparison and its graphs at length and pretty much decided that the Spec Ops was for me. I came across this 9 muffler at a good price so I figured I could give it a try and pick up a spare 12 muffler to have modded later if I liked it.

LeFox
08-14-2007, 03:38 PM
Does anyone have this pipe on a 12? I read that lengthy study (again) and it talks about how good the Jardine is for the 9, but not as good for the 12.
i got the jardine on my 12...no probs at all.
where did you read that it wasn't that good for the 12?
percentage wise, the gain isn't as much as compared with the 9, but to say that it's not as good???
and why? because the 9 has a higher redline.

I think they also said a remap might be better than race ECM.
remap is always better, no matter what pipe you putt under the bike.

BuellPastor
08-14-2007, 06:29 PM
Cool. Thanks. I sent you a file. I have a slight dead spot just off idle, I am hoping the pipe and remap will take care of that too.

jazzy
08-17-2007, 04:34 PM
Hello! It's your buellxb.com girl:p I'm going to pick up a shipment of Jardine exhaust today for the buellxb online shop. They should be up on Monday. Enjoy!

buellxb
08-17-2007, 08:43 PM
As Jazzy said, we just added Jardine pipes and K&N air filter to the Buell XB parts shop (http://www.buellxb.com/shop). These items are in stock and usually ship within two business days.

Bloose
09-18-2007, 05:40 AM
I had a Jardine on my 9. It really wasn't that load. I actually loved the way it sounded. There was one big problem though. Even though it wasn't too loud, with my helmet on the tone was such that it resonated inside the helmet. It was as if when the helmet was on the sound was amplified 2-3 times. I nearly never ride without a helmet but I test rode it with the Jardine and no helmet, there was no problem. With the helmet on though it was nearly deafening! There was an easy solution though. Ear plugs. Barring ear plugs there was just no way to run the Jardine while wearing a helmet. Hear damage was insured!

The nice thing about the Jardine was that at track days I could actually hear the Buell over the Jap bikes. With the stock muffler the sound of exhaust was overcome by the high winding 4's exhaust and without watching the tach the only way to know it was time to shift was when you hit the rev limiter. With the Jardine that wasn't a problem any more.

HTH,
B-loose

jays_buell
10-07-2007, 10:55 PM
is there a really good way of quieting this Jadine down a bit. I noticed someone used steel whool. did it work?

XBear9S
11-14-2007, 02:34 AM
Wow!
Installed my Titanium last night.
Took it for a ride today,
and it REALLY IS LOUD!!!
And like Bloose was saying,
it seemed louder w/a helmet than
the initial test ride last night.
Hmmmm...

May have to look into the baffle.
I don't see myself riding w/earplugs.
How can you hear what's going on around you?

When riding, you need all your senses.
None of them should be drowned out.
Sure sounds great, but the consequences...

As far as remapping...
I checked out ECMSpy.com, & Dobeck Techlusion Tuner.
They might as well be speaking German.
I got a bud that tells me he'll remap mine,
if I can come up w/the custom remap.

I guess I just need to say it straight.
I need to get an already ready-to-go remap for an
'03XB9S w/a Jardine Titanium Exhaust.
Does this exist?
Or do you have to figure it out on your own???

Robtk! a.k.a. "Specialk!"

"You can dream, create, design, and build the most wonderful idea in the world, but it requires people...to make the dream wheelie!"

--Walt Helldisney

BuellPartsGuy
11-14-2007, 04:55 AM
Race ECM. Problem solved.

mrdozer2you
11-15-2007, 02:03 PM
I believe that Americansportbike.com has the re-maps done already. All you do is send your ecm to them and they re-flash it with your setup.....not sure of the cost. The race ecm would be the next option.

badbandit12
11-17-2007, 11:18 PM
I have a XB12S with jardine full kit down pipes and can. At the moment no k&n and no remapping the filters gets put on tomorrow. By bike dynoed at 83.5 hp with the exhuast at the back wheel. not bad stock was 72hp. will be remapping next week. Then off to the dyno again.

whitefirebolt9r
11-21-2007, 02:18 AM
are jardin exhausts easier to take off then the stock exhaust. i know u have to take off the belt tensor to get the stock off.

MrOrange
11-21-2007, 03:39 AM
are jardin exhausts easier to take off then the stock exhaust

Had mine off in 5 min. Cake and pie... BTW, I do not run my XB9s with the chin fairing--it makes the whole process much easier. :)

LeFox
11-21-2007, 07:44 AM
I believe that Americansportbike.com has the re-maps done already. All you do is send your ecm to them and they re-flash it with your setup.....not sure of the cost. The race ecm would be the next option.
just a question, but how can you set a custom map on an ecm without looking into howmuch air you're getting?

if you don't want to invest in a custom setup with dyno time to fine-tune it, just get the race ecm.

mrdozer2you
11-21-2007, 03:21 PM
just a question, but how can you set a custom map on an ecm without looking into howmuch air you're getting

From what I understand they have already done they dyno tune, and have saved the calibrations. They have many of the common set-ups. Like I would tell them I have a xb12s with a K&N and a Jardine pipe....chances are that they've done someone elses bike with the exact set-up. They just flash my ecm the same as the other.

kylexb12r
02-10-2008, 05:52 PM
I'm waiting for my titanium jardine pipe to come in the mail. While waiting im getting everything ready for the air filter and race ecm. The problem is i cant find the darn ecm. Now i know you will tell me to get a manual but its sunday and i am too lazy to get one now. Can you help me out?

BuellPartsGuy
02-10-2008, 06:16 PM
its behind the front fairing. Take the mirrors off, loosen the fairing bolts and tip it forward. Bingo

LeFox
02-11-2008, 07:40 AM
From what I understand they have already done they dyno tune, and have saved the calibrations. They have many of the common set-ups. Like I would tell them I have a xb12s with a K&N and a Jardine pipe....chances are that they've done someone elses bike with the exact set-up. They just flash my ecm the same as the other.
sure, that ok for the larger part of the setup, but every part is not 100% alike. not taking the environment into account...

you still need to fine-tune the setup with dynotime to get the best out of your engine/setup.
if you're not fine-tuning it to get that result, you're better off just buying the race-ecm

every dyno operator saves their settings, but when installing it for different bikes, they still use the dyno and fine-tune it. it just saves alot of time not having to do everything from scratch.

dans03firebolt
02-11-2008, 05:34 PM
I didn't think these stock ecm's were able to be changed out and remapped. I thought they were just factory settings and that is it. I have the race ecm so it really doesn't matter to me I just thought the stock one wasn't reprogrammable.

LeFox
02-12-2008, 03:45 PM
I didn't think these stock ecm's were able to be changed out and remapped. I thought they were just factory settings and that is it. I have the race ecm so it really doesn't matter to me I just thought the stock one wasn't reprogrammable.
you still have lot to learn, young grasshopper :p

dans03firebolt
02-12-2008, 07:39 PM
Live and learn I guess huh!!!

LeFox
02-20-2008, 11:26 AM
ooh and when you get the jardine, to keep the pipe in good condition, make sure to refill it every 8000km/5000miles.

this will keep it from tearing ;)

it's a fast & easy to do and requires a bit of refill (available at every aftermarket bike-store near you), revits and a drill.
everything but the drill is available in kits from several manufacturers

;)

mrdozer2you
02-20-2008, 11:57 AM
this will keep it from tearing

keep what from tearing? I keep hearing people talking about re-packing the Jardines but why? Why do you not have to re-pack other pipes?

LeFox
02-20-2008, 01:54 PM
keep what from tearing? I keep hearing people talking about re-packing the Jardines but why? Why do you not have to re-pack other pipes?

especially for you, dozer ;)

although the jardine is a good pipe, it needs to be refilled after time to keep it in good condition.
if you don't refill it, it will tear as seen in this picture:

http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/627_20080220074802_L.jpg

just look at it as the extra attention it needs considering the price you pay for the pipe.

the good thing, it will always keep that sound you love and the performance you are used to.

all non-welded pipes need this type of attention, that's why they are not welded [smirk]:p
example: lazer exhausts (http://www.laserexhausts.com/en/documents/260/faq.html#7)

mrdozer2you
02-20-2008, 08:48 PM
That seems kind lame. What would make it tear? Extra vibrations from the worn out filling?

LeFox
02-21-2008, 07:25 AM
yep...the lack of filling gives everything some room to vibrate.

that's the only weakspot the jardine has.

and it's always where the header connects to the pipe (the front).
so if you do a checkup, just tap the front revits...if they have space to move => refill. ;)

firechickenXB9R
04-18-2008, 05:56 PM
has anyone noticed a lose of top end with there Jardine. people have said the xb9r would do about 130mph but i can only get about 115 maybe 120mph then there is nothing left and 7400rpm showing. any ideas just the can no other mods

thanks

scobbie001
04-18-2008, 08:28 PM
I just fitted my 9R with an aluminum Jardine...I didn't notice any great power difference, but it sounds like a beast! I'm loving it so far! :D

LeFox
04-18-2008, 08:41 PM
has anyone noticed a lose of top end with there Jardine. people have said the xb9r would do about 130mph but i can only get about 115 maybe 120mph then there is nothing left and 7400rpm showing. any ideas just the can no other mods
you only have the jardine? or other updates aswell?

Fock347
04-26-2008, 08:43 AM
i had some problems with my jardine aluminum can the rivets kept breaking . so i welded some nuts on the inside and used some grade 8 alen boltshttp://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/1582_20080426014100_L.jpghttp://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/1582_20080426014105_L.jpg

mrdozer2you
04-26-2008, 01:33 PM
Good thinking, use loctite? or locking nuts?

LeFox
04-26-2008, 05:12 PM
i had some problems with my jardine aluminum can the rivets kept breaking . so i welded some nuts on the inside and used some
or you could have used rvs rivets.
the soft, cheap metal ones can't handle the vibration. [smirk]

Fock347
04-26-2008, 07:18 PM
ya loc tite and washers and im also making a band that goes around it too for some extra clamping force

Phrogg
04-27-2008, 06:25 AM
I have a jardine for my xb12r. It sounds amazing! Love the deep sound it has. I have about 8000miles on mine and it has never been repacked. With what lefox is saying I better check those rivets to make sure it is ok....I'm still pretty new to the mechanical work on the bikes, but I'm loving the whole crash course i'm going through with it.

If you want to down play it alittle, wear ear plugs. They mainly block out the louder frequencies. Plus, they will save your ear while your riding. It isn't the sound of your pipe that will do it either, it is the wind noise. They say anything above 45mph, can start to damage your ears. While it isn't as bad when your do city riding. It can be a killer on the highways. In town you can give your ears a break from light to light, plus the wind speed is significantly lower. On the highway/interstate, it can/will cause hearing loss. It is better to wear ear plugs, then to ask someone to repeat themselves over'n over'n over'n untill they say loud enough for you to hear.

XBear9S
05-10-2008, 02:37 AM
I just switched to a quieter helmet.
All better!

Almost 10k and haven't needed to repack yet.
Planning on me and a bud doing together the first time.
He's a better "mechanic" than I.

Love the Jardine.
Still ain't found a custom remap.
Wish it was simpler.
A dyno is not an option.
The race ecm may be my only other option.
But I won't be happy about it.

Robtk! a.k.a. "SpecialK!"

"I dreamed I rode my Buell the other day...
and it was Wicked Ass!"
--Buellhole Surfers

CoastieRider
06-12-2008, 11:17 PM
I cant wait to get my jardine, its in the mail!!! i feel like a kid at X-mas.

mrdozer2you
06-13-2008, 12:25 PM
I cant wait to get my jardine, its in the mail!!! i feel like a kid at X-mas.

When you get it, first thing, throw away the instructions [mad] :D[up] I did mine and left the front chin spoiler off, it was way easier and I think it looks better.

piotrm71
07-14-2008, 04:15 AM
Hello all, new XB12 buell owner. Love the bike. It is stock now. I have a new Jardine RT1 Titanium in a box ready to install but thinking about a Carbon fiber model instead since all plastic has been replaced with carbon fiber. What is the difference between aluminum, titanium and aluminum on this muffler ? Is it weight and strenght of the muffler or other ? I'm thinking about running it with no other mods. Just want loud. Thank you

LeFox
07-14-2008, 09:15 AM
titantium is the strongest, lasts longer and costs the most. :p
think carbon is a bit lighter, but not much.

and as far as no other mods, i would suggest reading this: ecm required with slip-on? (http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Forum/Buell-Firebolt-XB12-XB9/ecm-required-with-a-slip-on)

;)

piotrm71
07-14-2008, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the info LeFox. You certainly have a full time job on here keeping track of the Buellers. I think I read all the posts in here on exhaust and that got me really confused. A lot of opinions on both sides of the issue. I guess that's why it's a forum.[smirk]

LeFox
07-14-2008, 04:24 PM
I think I read all the posts in here on exhaust and that got me really confused. A lot of opinions on both sides of the issue. I guess that's why it's a forum. [smirk]
yea, but there's enough documentation in there to back up some opinions ;)

EuropaChris
02-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Took my newly aquired '06 XB12Ss out on Saturday for the first time. The bike came with an aluminum Jardine, as well as with the stock exhaust and hardware.

After firing up the bike for the first time, I decided I should make up one of the Quiet Module Inserts from a piece of scrap alumimum barstock, and Saturday's ride was the first test of the insert.

It definitely makes a difference - the bike is still pretty loud, but it takes the edge off and reduces the overall level quite a bit. It remains very throaty and doesn't have any of that SuperTrapp wheezy sound. I rode for about an hour total, and didn't have earplugs in, and with the RF-1000 helmet it was rather pleasant, with none of the resonating complaints others have had with the stock Jardine.

I can't compare performance to anything, but it ran very well. I pulled the plugs yesterday to replace the OEM with Iridiums and they were a perfect light tan. I still am considering going back to the stock muffler after I finish stripping it down and repainting it, as I've seen dyno charts of the Jardine with insert and it's no better than stock, and actually has less midrange torque because the stock muffler has a longer path length in the midrange rpms with the exhaust valve closed for better torque.

I do like the sound, though...

Chris

firechickenXB9R
02-09-2009, 04:01 PM
I just got my Jardine repacked and reinstalled this week end. Man it is so much bettter then when i bought the bike (I'm sure it needed repacked then) it was very nice low in torque is so nice (wheelies are crazy easy). I ran it open header for about a week it is so nice to have the Jardine back on.

firechickenXB9R
02-09-2009, 06:15 PM
P.S. I used Ceramic Wool 3000 deg burn point. It should not burn out.

2003buellxb9s
03-05-2009, 12:17 AM
How hard is it to install?

firechickenXB9R
03-05-2009, 09:01 PM
Install what???

2003buellxb9s
05-04-2009, 03:14 PM
what about the Jardine GP1 vs the "regular" slip on... any experience? I kinda like the way the pipe juts out.

personc
05-14-2009, 11:44 AM
Can someone tell me where to by the packing for my jardine can?

Stevenc150
05-14-2009, 02:06 PM
Here ya go: Exhaust Re-packing (http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Forum/Do-It-Yourself-Buell-Mods/Looking-to-repack)

xbLT
06-14-2009, 04:05 AM
where can I order a baffle for the jardine from, also where can I find other options for a slip-on exhaust

Buster1903
05-11-2010, 03:56 PM
OK I'm ordering a quiet module insert ASAP. I love the thunder but long trips down the highway leave my ears ringing
Looks like I can order them straight from Jardine

My first post here. Thanks for all the info
I will let you know how well the module works

F1fletch
07-09-2010, 02:24 PM
I am curious about the Jardin GP1 as well since it is longer I wounder if the power curve is different.

Snosnake65
07-21-2010, 06:16 PM
I have an RT1 on my XB9SX and love it, and love it even more with my earplugs in.[cool]

Unfortunately after 8500 miles(1 year) the SS ends blew out of the aluminum can. The rivets keyholed the cannister. Too much back pressure? Anyway I'm getting a new stainless steel cannister and repack kit from Jardine. ~$100.

Fellas earplugs are a must with the Jardine. Gives my bike a cool buzzing sound when I do my DTD. (Daily Triple Digits)[cool][cool][cool]

mezap
07-24-2010, 08:21 PM
I've still got the stock on mine, I'm at 18,000 miles, and its got a nice little growl to it now. Doesn't sound like it did at first, you know, the pissed off sewing machine sound. Now its a bit deeper sounding and a little louder. I'm just wondering if I can expect the "interactive exhaust" to eventually become a problem? I'll work on it if I need to, but I really prefer riding it. (Can't seem to get enough of that...:p)

lokatwhaticando
08-03-2010, 08:07 PM
I have a 2003 XB9S and I got a RT 1 GP1 jardine on mine and I love it. It also make the bike stands out more, the sound is awsome. I got it for $315

http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/6132_20100717141150_L.jpg

xb1339s
08-16-2010, 07:37 AM
i just blew my jardine internals the otherday. when i pulled the end cap off everything just fell out so i rivited it back together and running it hollow...

lokatwhaticando
08-16-2010, 11:56 AM
When I blow out the packing I'm going to run it hollow also..

stang65pony
08-16-2010, 05:29 PM
i plan to pull mine, have it powdercoated the same color (as close as possible) as my rims (hero blue), re-pack and re-install this winter. should look good :)

ches
08-27-2010, 09:34 PM
I have one had to repack it three times and the can blowe off and I had to ribbit it on twice but sounds good

SnyderJ21
04-02-2011, 11:00 PM
Can anyone tell me the best way to install the Jardine? I'm pretty sure that to install a jardine you have to disconnect an oil line? Where can I disconnect to prevent as much oil leakage as possible?

MotoX6
05-07-2011, 09:41 PM
How's the jardine sound compare to the gutted stock exhausts? Anyone hear differeneces such as is the jardine louder?

2004xb12s
05-20-2011, 12:10 PM
everything just fell out so i rivited it back together and running it hollow...

Do not run the exhaust hollow. It will be ok for a while until the vibrations become so strong that they rip the can apart and you run over the endcap of the jardine because the rivets fell out. Besides cutting down on sound packing also reduces vibrations which in the long run can limit the life of your exhaust

janke
05-20-2011, 03:37 PM
I took my jardine off my bike after one season, you loose a lot of power in midrange and I had a lot of issues with popping and the bike did not run smooth at all.
I installed an exhaust Torque Hammet from twinmotorcycles in Holland. My bike has never runned bether or smoother than now. It is delivered with an ready mapped ECM for your bike and air intake setup.

BuellerPilot
05-20-2011, 10:39 PM
I took my jardine off my bike after one season, you loose a lot of power in midrange and I had a lot of issues with popping and the bike did not run smooth at all.

I'm assuming you didn't tune the bike at all while you had the Jardine on it?

Expect any muffler to run like **** without re-tuning your ECM. If you replace a muffler and it runs great without a retune, then there was only a gain in noise and not performance.

~Mike....

janke
05-21-2011, 08:48 AM
I,m assuming you didn't tune the bike at all while you had the Jardine on it?

It was a tuned map on the ecu when i bought the bike, asked the workshop to try to tune it better, but no .. But anyways I am truly happy with my bike today so :)

wolfo68
05-28-2011, 08:12 AM
anyone know where I can get a map specifically tuned for the jardine?

SnyderJ21
05-30-2011, 08:10 AM
Buellmods.com has a download section where you can find alot of maps

cyclic
05-31-2011, 07:25 AM
Same boat here, I could use a map to help me get closer to the right tune with my 07 XB9. I have a HUGE hole between 3000 and 4500, its even worse when its not fully warmed up. I'm talking fall on its face hole. I would love it if those who have had tunes done would post the map to buellmods. Helps everyone out in the long run.

mirkvid
05-31-2011, 08:24 AM
+1 Im tired of waiting for EBR to put out a map for '09 XB9s.:(

SnyderJ21
05-31-2011, 09:15 AM
Agreed[up][up][up] I'm just now starting to datalog. I have a long road ahead of me. I have emailed xopti he said he has a map for older bikes with the same setup that should at least help me get close

cyclic
05-31-2011, 07:47 PM
SnyderJ, could you send me a copy also? I recently added the "quiet" insert to my Jardine, it made no change in rideability. So this morning I installed the stock maps from a 06 XB9. The heavy popping on decel is back, but the hole in the midrange is gone and it seems to pull much better. I'd love to find several maps to see what poeple have done tuning wise.

MotoX6
05-31-2011, 07:51 PM
I have the 03 with the jardine and am looking for a map better then the race? Anyone help me out?

nwing84
05-31-2011, 08:31 PM
Cyclic If you get a map that works let me know. I'm havin the same issue with a hole around 4000 til about 4500ish

cyclic
05-31-2011, 08:38 PM
I have an 07 XB9R, was running the 07 race map.
It sucked, I made a "quiet" insert for my exhaust and tried the stock 06 maps. Resulting in a decent ride, no more ears ringing after the ride, good power, only down side was an increase in decel popping. I'm going to run it this way for now, and if I can get some other maps to try and/or compare to I might do a little more tweeking.
I don't have laptop access or the ability to log data so that route is out.
Luckly my computer is next to the garage wall inside my house, so I added a cable to the garage for a ready Buell connection.

Hopefully I'll run into so other Buelers and can read their ecms for more reference data.

wolfo68
05-31-2011, 08:42 PM
I haven't found a jardine specific map yet, so any help is appreciated, I could tune on mine but I don't have a jardine, it's for a friend, I just have the cable and ecmspy

SnyderJ21
06-01-2011, 07:55 AM
As soon as I get the maps I will post on here so if anyone needs one they can just PM me and I'll try to get it to them. Do you think the maps for the older Buells with the same mods should be pretty close to our newer years?

nwing84
06-02-2011, 07:57 AM
I would think so..but maybe one of the senior members will step in and say for sure

nwing84
06-06-2011, 08:47 PM
Hey snyderJ21 any luck with those maps?

SnyderJ21
06-06-2011, 10:07 PM
I'll shoot mike an email for them.... I can't the driver to work for my cable.. Someone care to explain? I'm a noob I realize this :)

wolfo68
06-07-2011, 09:39 AM
uninstall the drivers and reinstall them, see if they just need redone

SnyderJ21
06-07-2011, 07:05 PM
That worked thanks wolfo.... Now to the next question.... can you access the ECM through tunerpro I can't seem to figure out how to get my stock maps or figure out what kind of ECM I have....

SnyderJ21
06-07-2011, 08:14 PM
Nevermind
;)

wolfo68
06-07-2011, 08:55 PM
no prob

unionthug
06-07-2011, 10:41 PM
Love love my Ti... I got mine at a local wholesaler because it was ordered and the Guy bavked out. Well worth twice the $250 I spent on it.

[up][up]

jakestolar
06-12-2011, 07:05 PM
I just installed a jardine RT-1 I think? (bought it used) and on my 09 XB12 HOLY CRAP!!! AMAZING!! I Freaking love it! Sounds awesome, I noticed an increase in power and it has an awesome gurgle when I down shift. Sounds like a V-twin should IMO.
Now all I need is the breather re route, K&N and a good tune!

buellbum
11-05-2011, 03:03 PM
well i have had my jardine gp1 pipe on for a year and this is what i have had to deal with over the span

1) couldn't fit the bracket that comes with the pipe on the belt drive idler mount bolts for the chin mount on that side.

2)the collector clamp could never seem t o get tight enough to stop small exhaust leak

3) the tail pipe mount tab on the pipe broke off and i had to re weld it back on

4) the rubber insulator around the muffler pretty much wore out in less then a 1000 miles

5) the front engine mount tab on the collector pipe flat broke off making 2 1/2 inch size holes in the pipe had to re weld that back up and eliminated the bracket and a spring bracket mount on the front of the muffler to support the front part of the muffler to collector pipe (because i could never seem to get the collector pipe clamp tight enough to not slip down after the bracket broke off.

6)then right when i think i have it handled the whole tail pipe support bracket broke of all together from the bracket bolted to the motor underneath where the stock bracket mounted.
7)having to repack every other week was causing the rivet holes to become way over sized and even using banana rivets started to rattle so i welded nuts inside the cup ends and put 1/4x20x1/4 bolts in the place of the rivets made the packing easier to deal with
8) the actual heat coming off the muffler under the bike was nearing 800+ degrees and causing the enging to run hot so i wrapped the muffler in header wrap and the bike didn't over heat crazy huh?
9)after all of that i felt i have finaly conquered all the flaws on my way home from work 1 day the muffler strap that holds the bulk of the minamal wieght of this muffler broke off and all that was left was the tabs and bolt to hold it on.

so besides the bike running extremely well for a couple a days while the packing is fresh
I would say the pipe could use some real world testing for VIBRATION issues and maybe a little better engineering but all in all a light wieght agood sounding pipe

buellbum
11-05-2011, 03:06 PM
sorry but i did fail to say all the tune was done using the stock ecm with ecm spy and ran well as long as packing stayed in the pipe and i tried the stainless packing it did last a bit longer but never seem to give the same back pressure of the fiber glass packing

xb1339s
08-05-2012, 02:07 AM
i ran both the rt-1 and gp-1, i had a loss of power with the gp1 in the upper r's, it was quieter than the rt-1, and the rear brackets are prone to breaking on the revised gp1, so i hacked it up and made my own

ben10
11-17-2013, 09:03 AM
I have one on order as well, really looking toward to it. Louder, lighter, faster. Can't wait.