PDA

View Full Version : luggage rack interchangability?

gsxr1k
05-08-2012, 11:03 AM
I currently have the smaller hard bags that look like the ones that came with the police model, city bags is what I think they were called. Will the larger, standard hard bags mount to the same rack or panniers as these?

thumpin1203
05-08-2012, 11:41 AM
I have the hepco becker "junior", or as buell calls them, "outdoorsman" 40's on mine..I believe you have the H-becker "junior" 30's.. the answer is yes, they are interchangable.. are you looking to up-size?

gsxr1k
05-08-2012, 12:41 PM
Yeah, if the price is right. My side case juniors are wearing at the molded plastic portion of the latch. Are the standard bags built the same with the molded plastic, non replaceable latch?

Squattybodyjr
05-08-2012, 01:27 PM
Go to hepco and beckers website and i think you can get the latches because when i ordered mine which are the juniors it cam with an extra latch.

gsxr1k
05-09-2012, 08:06 AM
I wish, the prob with mine is the bag door side, opposite of the latch (the part the latch grabs) is a plactic molded part of the bag itself. It doesn't seem that you can replace even the door because it's hinge is once again just a molded plastic part of the bags itself. 1 piece, no attachment hardware to dissassemble. UG! What a crap design! At least if it wasn't all essentially one piece I could replace parts. I don't know abou the larger standard bags.

Squattybodyjr
05-09-2012, 09:18 AM
http://neu.hepco-becker.de/Web/Ersatzteile/610.033.pdf

gsxr1k
05-09-2012, 03:42 PM
That pic shows the metal latches but you can't replace the plastic part of the door that the latch clasps onto.
So to get this correct before I blow $ on some site unseen bags. The two tone gray and black standard OEM bags that came on the XB12XT use the same panniers as the smaller all black XB12P style bags?