PDA

View Full Version : Exhausting Decision???

07xb12rblack
04-19-2007, 11:37 PM
[confused] I need some help again fellow's! I'm ready to order my exhaust but I'm still unsure which to go with. It seems like everyone has nothing but good to say about the drummer and the charts show it to be the best but I have never heard one in person. I did hear a D&D and must say it was pretty loud. Thats what I want more than performance but I don't know how much louder it is. I'm just tired of getting run off the road by 4-wheelers and I want them to know that I'm there. I will also be ordering the race ecm and K&N filter just so she will run smooth. My question is if anyone has had the chance to hear both pipes at the same time would the D&D be worth the extra $$$$ for the extra sound?

v12tiger
04-20-2007, 12:28 AM
Depends on which drummer you get but prices are very comparable since you have to trade ur stock muffler for the drummer. I think original drummer is 400 + muffler ~ 500-550. I had my d&d delivered for 528.

07xb12rblack
04-20-2007, 01:05 AM
where is the cheapest place to get the race ecm? best I found was $188.96

mrdozer2you
04-20-2007, 07:39 PM
I went with the Jardine. Paid $318.00 shipped. Its real loud, the sound files don't do it justice. Its considerably lighter than most of the others as well. Plus I left off the chin fairing...just thought it looked better.
http://www.buellxb.com/buell-parts-red-front.jpg
http://www.buellxb.com/buell-parts-red-front.jpg

buellxb
04-20-2007, 08:01 PM
Can we see a pick without the chin fairing?

mrdozer2you
04-21-2007, 12:54 PM
Yeah as soon as I figure out how to upload it. Or can I e-mail it to you? Im kinda a dummy when it comes to computers :D

MrOrange
04-21-2007, 08:22 PM
I'm with MrDozer, just put on a CF Jardine and left the chin off as well. It does look good...

buellxb
04-26-2007, 01:13 AM
Wow! I really like the Buell without the chin fairing. Does anyone know if their is an aerodynamics issue, cooling issue, or any functional reason for it? Down force?

TheStuffJMI
04-26-2007, 05:51 PM
I have heard every type of exhaust for the XB12R Firebolt. I recently went to a Buell demo in Williamsport MD. There were over 50 different Buells there not including people's personal Buells. I saw and heard every type of exhaust, some guys had Drummers, some had the race exhaust, some had jardines... I could go on but u get the idea. Anyways, I have a D&D that I recently put on and everyone was commenting on how much louder it is than there exhausts. Now if u want performance, then you should go with the race exhaust if u can find one. If u can't find one, go with a drummer. If u want sound, go for the D&D. Not only is it loud as hell, but out of all those different Buells at that event, not one had a D&D exhaust except for me. It's nice being able to stand out.

mrdozer2you
04-27-2007, 01:04 PM
I liked the D&D as well, only problem was they don't offer a polished one. It looks basically like your stock exhaust with a sticker on it. Plus it's expensive as hell, if you comparing price to power then I would suggest a Drummer SS. If you just want noise get an econo Drummer. If you want noise and style get a Jardine. Just my .02 [cool]

07xb12rblack
04-27-2007, 09:07 PM
Would you say the Econo Drummer is louder than a D&D?

TheStuffJMI
04-27-2007, 10:18 PM
Nothing is louder than a D&D. It is definetly the loudest. Also.... dozer, what do u mean the D&D is your stock exhaust with a sticker?!??! It doesn't even have a sticker on it at all. That would make it horribly ugly. I like that it comes as black ceramic because it matches my 07 Black XB12R. Not to be mean or an a$$hole in any sense when I say this... but don't you think the Jardine looks like a jap bike exhaust? Don't you want to keep it looking like an American bike? The Jardine has a huge sticker on the side of it just like a jap bike. I do love the drummers, you get nice performance for what you buy.

TheStuffJMI
04-27-2007, 10:22 PM
l

v12tiger
04-28-2007, 01:21 AM
I agree with TheStuff. There was no way I was going to put a chrome 'sore thumb' on my basically all black bike, let alone repack! my muffler. Something about drilling out rivets and digging in the guts of a muffler didn't sound to attractive to me. I also agree that the Drummer would seem to be a great pipe for the money but I don't like to follow the crowd and that's what it seemed like with the drummer. If I can have different from the norm with similar performance and price, then thats what I'm going to do.
FYI I have seen some d&d's with the sticker/logo on it.. It must've been some older versions. 07xb12rblack just take out a loan and get the micron.ha:D

mrdozer2you
04-28-2007, 01:02 PM
The D&D does ( look ) like your factory exhaust! Only it has 2 tips, one on each side. I dont know just wasnt appealing to me. If they offered it in something other than black I may have went for it. Im just so sick of all the red and black on my bike, I wanted something to break it up a bit. I will be doing more as money permits. Maybe this winter I'll polish the frame and swingarm. ( if I get my garage finished :D )

MrOrange
04-28-2007, 03:34 PM
The carbon fiber Jardine is far from chrome and stickers can come off...

TheStuffJMI
04-28-2007, 10:09 PM
Even with being carbon fiber it still looks like a Jap bike exhaust. Almost all Jap bike exhausts come in carbon fiber also.

MrOrange
04-29-2007, 10:38 PM
I bought the Jardine pipe because I like it. It sounds great and I like the way it looks.

mrdozer2you
04-30-2007, 06:43 PM
I like the bling, how can you ride an AMERICAN bike without it? How many harleys are out there with no chrome? You gotta have a little, the trick is not overdoing it.

TheStuffJMI
04-30-2007, 11:23 PM
I totally agree with the Harleys having chrome. But a pipe from a harley that is chrome is much more appealing to the eye than a small little chrome Jardine exhaust that looks like it just came off of an R6. But everyone has different opinions and if you like something, you like it.

whitefirebolt9r
11-12-2007, 04:40 PM
v12tiger, where did u get your d&d shipped from for so cheap. whats the website?

whitefirebolt9r
11-12-2007, 04:42 PM
does anyone know where i can find the cheapest price for a D&D exhaust.

BadS1
11-12-2007, 08:57 PM
No the D&D does not have a sticker on it. it's a aluminum badge. If you want one you have ask D&D for one.FYI Its not on the older model's.....its if you want it. The D&D is the king in the Mid range bit peters out on the top. Great sound though....love that but gets alittle tough on the ears on long trips.... even with ear buds.

speedybuell
11-12-2007, 11:34 PM
D&D $515 @ cyclespot.com (so far the cheapest exhaust prices I have found on the web)
cyclespot.com d&d Exhaust (http://www.cyclespot.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=443-11S)

speedybuell
11-12-2007, 11:37 PM
oh and they have free shipping on items over $250.00
so I would say $515 is a pretty good price huh?

whitefirebolt9r
11-13-2007, 09:42 PM
yeh thats good, thanks speedy

whitefirebolt9r
11-13-2007, 09:43 PM
Is D&D that loud. is there an exhaust that gives good sound and wont hurt my ears.and no jardine i dont feel like tending to my exhaust.

mrdozer2you
11-15-2007, 02:08 PM
Is D&D that loud. is there an exhaust that gives good sound and wont hurt my ears.and no jardine i dont feel like tending to my exhaust.

Drummer then.

whitefirebolt9r
11-16-2007, 12:06 AM
thanks

firebolt07
02-11-2008, 12:38 AM
[confused]if money isnt a problem is the micron race exhaust the best?

Pete Sillem
02-12-2008, 12:45 AM
It's probably been asked before, but which exhaust (06 Uly) can I get that doesn't need an upgrade of the air intake, re-tweeking the engine, new computers, headers etc. There is a firm in Australia that does just that (Staintune) but they don't have Buell exhausts. Not planning on racing or feel the need for lots more horsepower, just would like a bit more sound and less outflow restiction.

LeFox
02-12-2008, 03:51 PM
if money isnt a problem is the micron race exhaust the best?
well, hard to say...
the buell race muffler gives better low end (slightly) but from mid range, the micron starts to perform better and better.

if you have an xb9 the micron is the best, since you have a higher rpm range compared to the 12.
but since the buell race muffler is hard to get...micron is one of the best you can have.

LeFox
02-12-2008, 03:54 PM
It's probably been asked before, but which exhaust (06 Uly) can I get that doesn't need an upgrade of the air intake, re-tweeking the engine, new computers, headers etc. There is a firm in Australia that does just that (Staintune) but they don't have Buell exhausts. Not planning on racing or feel the need for lots more horsepower, just would like a bit more sound and less outflow restiction.
well, i'm not for just changing the outflow...

but if you just want more sound...i would suggest modding you oem exhaust.
there's a 'how to' video on youtube somewhere. ;)

bgraeler
12-20-2011, 10:52 AM
Does anyone know where you can buy the Micron Exhaust for the 12's?

d_adams
12-20-2011, 12:24 PM
Used, maybe on ebay occasionally. They don't make them any more.

This is probably one reason why they stopped.
micron pics (http://s643.photobucket.com/albums/uu151/dadams1969/exhaust%20stuff/micron_serpent_repair/)

Kid1620
12-20-2011, 12:26 PM
Yup if you can find one that is.

d_adams
12-20-2011, 01:07 PM
Btw, this can happen to any exhaust. It wasn't fully welded, most of the welds were only 3/4" long at best.

http://i643.photobucket.com/albums/uu151/dadams1969/exhaust%20stuff/micron_serpent_repair/IMG_1454.jpg