PDA

View Full Version : belt snapper

skellybuell
10-01-2008, 03:46 AM
Ok so my 03xb9r decided it wanted to start snapping belts. I rode the bike for approx. 1800 miles with out any belt problems and all of the sudden it started snapping belts. The first one that snapped i figured because it was old. The second one i snapped just under 600 miles and after further inspection though that it was dry rotted. The third one was tonight under 500 miles on it. I double checked the belt before putting it on to see if it was dry rotted at all and saw nothing, but then when it snapped tonight i checked it over and it appeared it was. So if i am right it's not dry rotted and just from stress. I know there is a conversion and i think it updates it to an 08 now but what i was wondering if there was another way to fix the problem, maybe kevlar belt or something instead of spending the 400 and sum bones on the conversion now just to finish out the riding season. I plan on doing some customizing this winter and that was on my list to do while the bike was all apart. Anyone have any suggestions???

LeFox
10-01-2008, 08:29 AM
update sprocket and get the new belt type.

Lordfenwick
10-01-2008, 02:45 PM
and fit a free spirits modified belt tensioner.....

skellybuell
10-05-2008, 05:27 PM
just ordred the new sproket and 08 belt got the belt guard too it just sucks i had o spend the money [sad]