PDA

View Full Version : D & D Performance Exhaust

BuellWife
10-03-2008, 03:17 PM
BPG, I'm buying my husband a D & D slip on muffler as a surprise for his '08 XB12R am I going have to do anything else to the bike like have his ecm remapped or can it just be left alone?

Thaloc
10-03-2008, 03:21 PM
He'll need to reset the TPS and ya you will need the ECM remapped. But its been floated around that only the first generation of the '08 ECMs can be re mapped. So.... Good luck, ur mans got a good woman getting him shizz for his bike!

BuellWife
10-03-2008, 03:59 PM
Thanks Thaloc, I think he may have a 1st generation ecm as it was bought one year ago today (oct. 3) in fact I think it's like bike #333 (last 3 numbers on the vin, it's only half evil!) that is if there's any truth to that. I've done some reading and some are saying that it can't be remapped no matter when it was bought for the '08 year. Anyway it was either the muffler or a GPR steering stablizer which he'll get the muffler now and the GPR for xmas. He's kinda spoiled.

Thaloc
10-03-2008, 04:08 PM
Haha, sweet! good luck on the remap, and drop me a note if you do get it done, I have the 08 XB12R also in white/blue and want to get some dyno time this winter, but dont wanna waste my money.

BuellWife
10-03-2008, 04:48 PM
Ok, Just got off the phone with D & D (local to me) and verified what you told me. Called Longhorn HD Buell and they install and carry the D & D muffler as well as do the reprogramming/remapping and are getting me a total price to have everything done there so problem solved. I have to call them back in a couple of hours Yeah! Coming up on the 1 year anniversary of the motorcycle accident he had last year. He purchased his bike (oct.3) and wrecked it on oct.28th compliments of his intoxicated best friend (hubby doesn't drink) so this will be a nice surprise for him. You have the same color scheme he does on his bike. Will let you know what they say when I call them back in a little bit.

Thaloc
10-03-2008, 04:51 PM
Sweet! Thanks a bunch!

twisted
05-02-2009, 05:53 AM
I just wanted to say Thanks Babe for my D&D exhaust & putting the bike in the shop after the motorcycle accident while I was in Beaumont doing Hurricane Ike clean up. You Rock!