PDA

View Full Version : Map Collection

Carl0s
05-25-2012, 05:00 AM
So, is there any "Race map" collection, that has some premade coarse maps for different mod options ?

Would be usefull for us "newguys" if you have a basemap that has proven to work whit someone else, whit the same mods.

neomac3444
05-27-2012, 12:59 PM
If the maps you are looking for are from someone that did a custom map odds are it can still be off for someone of the same year with the same mods. I have an 07 with k&n and jardine. My buddy has the same bike as me with the same mods. He lives 600 feet higher than me and his bike for some reason does not like my map its not rich enough. So i had to do custom tuning on his to get it right.

There are race maps out there that you can get online though.

wolfo68
05-27-2012, 04:51 PM
What kind of base map are you looking for? I have a bit of a collection but I'd still recommend the tuniversity

Carl0s
05-29-2012, 05:05 AM
Yeah, i know all the maps are "unique" to a bike, but as far ive understanded, you can buy example the race ecm, that will work "plug and play". Right ?

More or less, personaly i would need racemap (-04, drummer + K&N ) but, the idea behind of it was that ppl could link theyr maps for others to try. (same idea like sharing custom Android ROM's. ) So if you do example, airbox mod, you could get basemap that works whit someone, and finetune it for your bike, instead taking shot it in the dark and try to customize the stock map.

Or would it be easyer to finetune the basemap to work?

neomac3444
05-29-2012, 09:00 AM
Well see thats the thing I have moddified my map completely. I have been working with Max who runs Tuniversity and have done some experimentation with him. I can guarantee no one on here has a similar map. I have changed my rpm cell numbers so its hard to compare mine vs the original base map.

Now that being said while tuning you can adjust all values. When you start tuning your bike it will run like crap at first. Dont worry though it wont hurt it. After about the 2nd or 3rd time it does run fairly decently. Then the rest is just fine tuning.

wolfo68
05-29-2012, 09:08 AM
the race map is usually better to start with if you've created a better flowing system and you're using a stock map.

but I have seen some bikes freak out when the maps were changed.

Carl0s
05-30-2012, 07:45 PM
Thanks wolf for the racemap. Need to start testing when i get my forks fixed (first got the wrong seals -> reorder the right parts -> Start to assembly just to notice that the bushings are worn out... darn!)

For future reference, and incase someone googles this looking for the same, buellmods.com also shares the stock- and the racemaps (thnx inFINite)

neomac3444
05-30-2012, 08:01 PM
For future reference, and incase someone googles this looking for the same, buellmods.com also shares the stock- and the racemaps (thnx inFINite)

Nice for the info![up][up][up][up]

wolfo68
05-30-2012, 08:31 PM
is buellmods up again? I stopped telling people to go there because it wasn't working