PDA

View Full Version : Hallelujah Jardine decel popping be gone.

Deardick
05-29-2012, 08:50 PM
I've been a lurker here forever. I'm so happy to think I finally have something to contribute, that I haven't found anywhere. A bit of history. I have an 08 Uly. Had my share of problems, broken grounds, headlights (changed to HID), exhaust servo, and dead ecm. Never the less, all the repairs I've made with the fine advice found here. Ok now the issue. My exhaust servo died. I couldn't find a new one, so replaced the exhaust with a Jardine can. Love the sound, but HATED the decel popping. I have tried everything, I thought. No exhaust leaks, mapped and mapped and remapped fuel what seems to be a million times, added restricter in the exhaust, added quiet module, and all to no avail. In my destitution, I had almost given up. I bought(donated for) the newer ecm spyware since I have an 09 ecm now and couldn't access with the freebee. In the calibration settings one can adjust fuel on decel only. Duhhh I had no idea this was available. I adjusted the fuel on decel to 115% of normal. reset tps and afv and violia. popping is gone. That easy. After a long training ride afv is at 98%. Bike runs great. I'm not in need of crazy power. just a reliable, Non-popping bike that sounds great. Anyone else in Buell land try this or knows about this?

wolfo68
05-30-2012, 03:32 PM
I knew you could do it, but I don't have a jardine.

xoptimizedrsx
05-30-2012, 04:05 PM
yep, I do it all the time for peeps... I use My Tunerpro RT files to do it... Its in the scalars. you can add in or take out fuel to get the popping gone. one way gets more engine breaking the other less. Both get the same result... Plus this works with any pipe you have.

wolfo68
05-30-2012, 04:05 PM
[up]