PDA

View Full Version : Died while driving, will not turn over

doglanta
05-31-2012, 05:23 PM
Hi guys,

I would like to get some suggestions on things to look for. My son was going to bring over his 2002 Blast this morning so we could change the fluids and get it ready for the new season.

About a block away from his apartment the bike died as he was shifting into second gear. He tried to restart it but it would not turn over. He made sure the cut-off switch was not hit by mistake and tried restarting with the switch in both positions. The bike has fuel (fuel cut-off is in the open position) but since the bike will not turn over fuel can pretty much be ruled out anyway. The headlight and warning lights do come on when the key is turned.

I have not had a chance to look at the bike yet, he will have a friend with a truck get it to my house in the next few days so I am trying to get suggestions on where to look before it gets here. A couple of things I can think of to look at would be the clutch switch and the sidestand switch. Maybe one of of those took a dump and is preventing the bike from turning over. That would think that would also explain why the bike died while driving.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Doglanta (Ken)