PDA

View Full Version : 2009xb12scg uprades help please

billykaw
06-03-2012, 01:19 AM
i recently purchased a xb12sacg lightning with a d&d exhaust and it runs rough off idle and pops like iv noticed is a common thing.what controller box do i need to by.i want low end power mostly.dont care about price.id like to switch to a slipon canister or megaphone if posible.kinda like all the old skul headers..but i dont want to sacrifice my low end...any suggestions or tips.

billykaw
06-03-2012, 01:23 AM
my 2009 xb12scg seems to have a slipping clutch.where can i go to get an upgraded clutch kit to fix the problem..also i wanna get rid of the breatherbox and go with a k&N FILTER

anrkizm95
06-03-2012, 01:25 AM
this one

http://www.erikbuellracing.com/store/models/xb12/xb12-preprogrammed-ecm.html

anrkizm95
06-03-2012, 01:32 AM
my 2009 xb12scg seems to have a slipping clutchdid you try and adjust it.

jimijeans
06-03-2012, 07:20 AM
Welcome to the forum billy. Like Anrkizm95 is saying the cable on these bikes can be adjusted very easily.
First look where the front header is. there is an adjuster that comes together there. only takes two wrenches to do that. Carefull with the rubber boot so you can slip it back over the Adjuster when that area is complete.
If the rubber boot is loose then replace it with a new Factory one. The Heat from the header eventually ruins it anyway. It needs to be in good shape so water doesn't get in and run down into the cable and ends up in the Transmission fluid.
NOW before you [adjust anything] at all remove the THREE 27/torx screws from the transmission cover, near the shifter linkage. Now you can SEE the cable where it attaches to the Ramp assembly.With the ENGINE not Running Push the cable up and down where it hooks to the Ramp, inside the adjuster area and Watch the cable the slack .
Always take out the slack in the cable (First) before you adjust your clutch inside the transmission. After you have completed that procedure then move on to the clutch packs adjuster you will see a Flat screw where you removed a small spring and the gasket & 3/hole cover plate, when you removed the cover eariler. BTW- the 3/hole gasket actually goes on only one way so look at it closely before reinstalling it upon completion of that area.
Just your cable first BUT not too tight . Leave a small amount of slack in the Clutch Lever up at the top where it comes to a complete release about a 1/16 of an Inch will do good.Once you have adjusted it test it by pulling gently and gently releasing the clutch Lever.You can watch the cable so you can check the action of the cable & how tight.
There are Daves DIY videos all in one thread HERE on the Forum. So look up and watch those so as to get familar with your bike. Just take your time and there are manuals at the top of the forum page here.After the cable is correct. then put the small cover on with the gasket and just snug the screws. Fire it up and take her out for a SHORT easy ride. If it feels good then OK. If not then move on to the next step. Post up if you need that also. good luck.*Jimi

billykaw
06-03-2012, 11:06 AM
hey thanx for the help.iv downloaded a service manual alredy to get clutch adjustment instructions.i hope \that will fix my problem...iv also checkd on the ebr ecm...the preprogrammed sounds great but if i do any more mods like 1250kit or cams i dont think itl still work......mabe i can find a phone number wher i can talk to theyr technician or sumone......thanx lots for ur replies....

anrkizm95
06-03-2012, 11:54 AM
mabe i can find a phone number wher i can talk to theyr technician

(262) 642-1627

2799 Buell Dr # C, East Troy, WI 53120

billykaw
06-04-2012, 11:10 AM
alrit.igot my co9ntroller box ordered.clutch is still slippn so i ordered new plates.now time to think about the real problem!!!!!im a wheelie fanatic but i ben use too my long travel suspention of my klr650.on my 09 xb12scg low i come down off a wheelie it just smashes down on the the little 3.1 inches of travel that model has...it makes it not a pleasant ride for me...i mabe if i knew more about adjusting the suspention it would help(tips on that would b helpful)..id like to find a used long front end to put under it..id trade mine for a longer model but its got 41inch forks so it would probly b a pain.wish i could lengthen the travel on the front end i got or make it work..thanx for any help...

oh9bolt
06-04-2012, 01:12 PM
All you need to change the forks is S/R 43mm forks and a lower triple. It would also make sense to change the rear spring and kickstand to match the height. Try adjusting the forks all the way to hard see if that helps.

billykaw
06-05-2012, 04:19 PM
thanx,,,anyone know wher i can get a used front end ,,a cycle salvage,etc.

newyorkbuell
06-05-2012, 04:50 PM
im a wheelie fanatic

Or learn how to ride wheelies correctly and not smash the front end down.

cb750
11-12-2012, 09:03 PM
Post up, im sure someone will trade forks with you. If you trade with someone who has an earlier bike (03/04 I think, I'll have to look it up) then you wont need to swap triples. Swap the rear shock also, its lowered, and the kickstand. I hear there's a difference in seats, but I don't think many people trade seats. I didn't.

Route0766
11-12-2012, 09:13 PM
BIlly, in my opinion if you do not like the scg version sell it as is, and buy a large version sTT or SS.

Modifying the scg will be costly and will not a perfect match with other components.

Again, this is my opinion.

Thanks,

:)

kbfnail
11-13-2012, 01:33 AM
I have 43 MM forks and lower triple for sale. Silver coating came off a 06 XB12R