PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Blast Help!

SolientGreen
06-04-2012, 04:16 AM
I am struggling to get it started. Ive changed the boot, plug wire, plug, idle jet, main jet, auto enrichener. The bike came with the buell pro series intake but stock exhaust. I am able to roll it down the gentle slope of my street and it will fire right up when I pop the clutch. But when cold the starter will turn over and over until the battery is dead without starting. I did the factory primary adjustment of 4-5 flats back from 24 inch pounds of torque but I will turn it out 4-5 more and do the "sound" method in the morning. Once started it runs and idles well once it has warmed up. But is bogging down underway in gear at about half throttle in all gears. No bogging down while in neutral while revving the throttle.

Any ideas would be helpful. Would this be any of the safety switches if I can pop start it?

Also what would be a good idle and primary jet set up for stock exhaust with pro series intake?

Once warmed up, I can turn off motor and it easily restarts with starter...just one click and its running. But cold it just doesnt want to go.
Thanks in advance,
Solientgreen

ghostedrider
06-04-2012, 01:19 PM
Recommended jetting for better performance 45 / 175 - then shim needle .05" (aprox. 2 brass #4 machined washers),

Air screw at 2 1/2 - to - 2 2/3rds ( best to start at 2 1/2 turns ) out from light bottom -

the air screw is on the bottom of the carb and is under a solder plug that you need to carefully drill out

27170-89.........45........Good/perfect (use this one for most mods )

27090-89..........175........Perfect ( use this one for most mods )

your boot may also still be leaking - check that it is fully seated and the clamps are snug - if too tight it can leak.

check the front engine ground - if not grounding well it will cause problems.

flip the center clutch diode it will by pass the safety - it some times causes running starting problems.

cut the wire to the kick stand and twist together - that safety causes problems

-- WARNING - if you disable the safety's you can then start it in gear without the clutch in and it may jump - or you can drive with the kick stand down - ( this should be done at your own risk)

ghostedrider
06-04-2012, 01:35 PM
also here is a good ref. to help you

Quick ref. guide (http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Forum/Buell-Blast/Blast-tips-mods-info-etc.)