PDA

View Full Version : Engine Light

mrdozer2you
04-21-2007, 01:00 PM
Ok here goes,(takes deep breath) I recently changed mi pipe and added a servo emulator. Now my engine light comes on when the bike is warm. It comes on but goes off. It does this while riding and at idle. In gear and in neutral. Sometimes it will stay on for a few seconds and others just a second or so. Could this be due to my new exhaust? The bike also seems to be hunting for idle, meaning that sometimes it drops to 1100 rpm right away and others it idles around 2k. Im guessing I need my tps reset but would this be the reason for the engine light? Im getting close to 1k miles on it, gonna be seeing the service soon but is it ok to ride in the mean time?

BuellPartsGuy
04-21-2007, 02:27 PM
A TPS adjustment is in order before I would start assuming something is wrong. Could be a bad emulator though.

mrdozer2you
04-21-2007, 07:10 PM
That was the other thing I was thinking, I know its hooked up properly but maybe I didnt ground it well enough. I just used an existing bolt to the frame, but I didnt sand the paint off for good metal to metal contact. Maybe thats it and causing the flickering.

MrOrange
04-21-2007, 08:19 PM
I concur with BPG, get your TPS sorted.