PDA

View Full Version : Busted!!!

07xb12r
04-22-2007, 01:36 AM
I got busted last night, 91 in a 45, alone, nobody around, dry, warm, 3 lanes wide open, new it was coming but just didn't realise the consiquences. I got arrested (manditory for over double the limit) I know the cops have a job to do, but this guy was a real ****, took my key out of my ignition like I was gonna run, (after a clean stop) ripped my license bracket down, treated me like a murderer...I think he was also pissed I wasn't drinking, still gave me the test? My question is about my license, I have a CDL which I need for work, does this affect that as well? Anyone can clue me in on how much $$$ this will cost? Court date is in a month, should I get a lawyer? Well, be safe everyone, can't even tell you where he came from, so be on the look out!
P.S. I was so tempted to run, but just couldn't...I new I was wrong, but now I surely know why people run. Not sure what I would do in the future. Guess I need to get some track time, It's so easy to twist and go, I have a hard time holding back. Guess i'm still fortunate, I've ridden for long periods pretty much wide open, so I guess this wasn't tooooo bad, bet it's gonna cost...Take care all.

MrOrange
04-22-2007, 02:49 AM
Get a lawyer! Don't say anything without a lawyer! I've had a run in or two with the authorities and the time I cooperated I got fuc@ed. I have never gotten tagged for criminal speeding but if it has to do with my money and my freedom, I say nothing and get a lawyer. You have to protect yourself!

07xb12rblack
04-22-2007, 05:15 AM
Run next time because, well, in my state it's actually illegal for them to chase you. Some kinda of endangerment law? I don't know how it works but I know it does! lol Good luck buddy! Don't drop the soap... [up]

dunroamin
04-22-2007, 01:21 PM
Get a lawyer. I drive truck and got a ticket for 87 in a 70 in the truck.Under the new cdl rules that is considerd a major moving violation and if you get 3 in like 2 years they will suspend you for thirty days.There's a company called road law here's there phone nmber 888-276-8000 they should be able to help. Good luck and i feel your pain.

BuellPartsGuy
04-22-2007, 04:32 PM
I got caught mid-wheelie on an on-ramp by an officer. I was wheelieing up the on-ramp and started to pitch the bike so it would lean because it slightly curved onto the freeway. Right as I started to lean, I look over my left shoulder and there is an officer, front end still in the air. I just continued what I was doing, finished the wheelie, set it down and pulled over. Shut it down, geared down and all that. He comes and and says "Know what you were doing back there?" and I said "yeah riding like an asshole" He takes my info back to the car and I thought I was done, licence and bike gone, jail time, the whole rap sheet. He comes back and says " You know Sun Valley Highway is outside of town with no traffic, you can go out there all day long and do that **** and not piss anyone off. When you do that **** in town I get all these 'good citizens' calling me saying youre doing this **** and I have to deal with it. Just take it out of town. Have a nice day" I got off damn lucky, but I guess I got what was coming to me....lol [smirk]

07xb12r
04-23-2007, 02:10 AM
Thank you all for your help,advice,and info..greatfully appreciated. I looked up the city that I got busted in on the internet, and they have a page that lists fines ect...Are you all sitting down...$2,500 or a year in jail. Unfiggin' believable. And they wonder why people run. Well I can tell you, I WILL be getting a lawyer, and (dunroamin) thank you for the number,I will be calling. Thank you for understanding about the CDL, It's my bread and butter, I guess I shouldn't risk my license for speed, I just didn't realize that the two were tied together. (stupid I know) Well, all I can say to everyone else, nice does not pay, nor does speeding on the streets, but if you're going to do it as we all will, please be careful, and if you're gonna run...please just don't overdo it, your life is not worth giving up for money, or even your license. You will ride again. Take care fellow Buellers, just hoping to give you all a heads up, as you have done for me in the past.

B_Brad
04-23-2007, 11:26 PM
I would be careful with the idea of running for the police. I think you would pay more in fines and jail time and here in Florida you can kiss your bike goodbye because it will be state property.[mad]

mezap
04-28-2007, 02:26 PM
07xb12r: Man, I am so sorry that you got tagged by an a**hole. Some cops are jerks, some are great guys. They're people, and we can be jerks.It just sounds like you got a jerk. I know the 2500 is a lot of money, but if you get to keep your license its worth it. Its all a racket, the fines, the insurance, the whole thing, but it is what it is. I think its even more harsh here in Ga if you drive professionally and get a ticket. I have to agree with B_Brad, the risks of running totally outweigh the savings if you are successful. Most importantly you. You know just like I do that the road is in constant motion and the dynamics can change in a micro-second. Take care of you. Bikes, money, jobs, all of these things can be replaced. But there will never be another you. Dude! your a limited edition! lol[cool]

07xb12r
05-01-2007, 04:13 PM
Hey mezap, thank you brother! That was very cool, and you are so right man. I would totally give the same advice to any one else, i'ts just that I was so frustrated...I don't think I could run, I am an adult (haha-then why don't I ride like one) and I know every action has an equal and opposite, and I will face mine. I need to start going to the track. I'ts just so hard to hold back, these Buells just BEG to be ridden! Guess I will also seek out some back streets with no driveways, pedestrians, cagers, and most of all...the law. Well, thanks again for everyone's input...this really is a great site, as well as a great group of people who are always ready to help out a fellow Bueller in any and all ways.:)Take care all, have fun, and above all be safe...after all we are " Limited Editions"[up]

mezap
05-03-2007, 01:53 AM
Anytime bro.:)[up]