PDA

View Full Version : Hard time starting and no cooling fan

dave_xb12r
10-10-2008, 10:49 PM
XB12R, breather re route only. After racing kajer around town, we stop at Chevron and get gas(91 octane) and then it doesn't want to start. It turns over but it seems like no spark. I thought.."what would Lefox say?" Battery has low voltage? So I charged the battery for about 10 minutes at 2 amps and the automatic charger says its full. after that it started and ran ok, but still no fan. Why is the fan not coming on?

BuellPartsGuy
10-10-2008, 10:57 PM
Check the vent coming from the fuel tank. Sounds like it might not be functioning properly.

Could also be something in the ignition getting hot and not working, but after you cooled it back down it worked fine again.

dave_xb12r
10-10-2008, 11:06 PM
But still no fan? The lack of the fan is whats bothering me. No cooling is not good right?

Fock347
10-12-2008, 10:05 AM
disconnect the fan , and try it directly to a battery and see if it works . if it doesent work you know the fan is dead. if it works try the fuse if the fuse is good trace your wires for a break or a short. or get the bike hot connect a multimeter to the fan connector and see if you are getting any voltage. or (i know im rambling but watever) get yourself diagnostic cable and ecm spy ,ecm spy has a bunch of tests to see if everything is operating right.