PDA

View Full Version : Idle surge

Buellstache
06-15-2012, 08:41 PM
I have a 09 Buell XB12R Stock everything except for a K&N filter. I have done no tuning of the ECM (although I really need to do so) At any rate, when I start my bike it doesnt fire up with a steady purr that I would like to hear. It revs up and down above and below ~1100 rpm. Once the bike is warm it tends to be less pronounced. I know I am going to get the "Its a harley and its cold blooded" But I feel there is something with the ECM that is causing this over and under correction of idle control. I had a plug wire that rubbed on a subframe bolt and wore through and cause the bike to run really poorly for a bit (missing on one cylinder when the spark direct shorted) AndI assume that unburnt fuel was junking up the O2 sensor. I replaced the plug wires and plugs DCPR9EIX. and It appears as though it has been cleaning itself up and runs pretty well. but the idle thing is bugging me. Any suggestions????[confused]

Buellstache
06-15-2012, 09:43 PM
Budunkabump!

Kooma
06-17-2012, 05:41 AM
change the intake gaskets, super straight forward job and just a couple of clams...

did mine and this went away.