PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Problem

TACPBuell
06-22-2012, 02:18 AM
So I have had my HID lights on the bike for over a year now and out of nowhere the low beam just stopped working and wont come on anymore. I dont know if it went bad or what but I thought they were suppose to last a long time. If someone could PM me or post here as to how exactly you hook up a relay or use the flasher button to turn on the lights. I think the problem may be the HIDS start up like my old stock lights when the engine turns over. Id like to make them not turn on at all until I hit my flasher button.

Scid

Thomo
06-22-2012, 02:42 AM
You actually have to pull the low signal that goes to 86 on the relay and put it to the signal from the high beams. Once you do that both high and low will be on when you flip the switch. I've been running my HID for over a year with no trouble. Sometimes you just get a bad batch.

CityBoiX5020
06-22-2012, 05:20 AM
Mine did that not to long ago, except it was the high beam that went out. I swapped the balasts over and found out the balast I had on the high beam side went out. I have the Xentec HIDs. Ordered a new balast for 10 bucks.