PDA

View Full Version : Kickstand SNAFUski.

Bordsnbikes
10-16-2008, 04:08 AM
So I ordered the new kickstand bolt so I could beat the break but got a bunch of hooey. After much delay and very little help I was told that the part number I gave them was for the old bolt, it is obsolete and can't be ordered, but it brought up the new number (which was the one I gave him). He said you can't order just the bolt. You can only order an updated side stand kit of some kind for 75 bucks. Screw that. Am I not giving them the right info or are they asshats? I gave them this number L0174.1AAB That is the correct one isn't it? Any other advice?

BuellPartsGuy
10-16-2008, 06:27 PM
That number is obsolete. They changed the design because of all the problems they were having. Here is a direct quote from h-dnet.

(2006) ULYSSES - SEE RECALL BULLETIN
0832 (PART #94483Y)
(2004-06) XB9R, 9S, 9SX, 12R, 12SS
VEHICLES - USE L1167.02A8
(2004-06) XB12SCG LOW - USE L1167.1AE

And it is $67.75 for the one for your bike. Sorry man. Thats just how it goes sometimes when they change the designs.

Bordsnbikes
10-17-2008, 05:17 AM
Crap. I was under the impression I only needed a new bolt. I will start saving my nickels. Thanks a lot dude, I really appreciate all you do here.

rndrkeagle
11-10-2008, 03:48 PM
Bordsnbikes,
check this thread...
kickstands and bolts (http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Forum/Buell-Parts-Guy-Questions-and-Answers/Sidestands-Kickstands-and-Pivot-Bolts)

I had issues with it as well. you CAN order the bolt alone (at least I was able to)... just not the kickstand alone. Before you order the bolt though.. you need to double check what kickstand you have. If it's threaded on the back side, (and you're old bolt screws into it) then you need to order the entire kit.

If you have the straight 1/2" diameter hole all the way through the kickstand (front/top and back/bottom sides) then order the bolt PN: L0174.4A8.

look carefully at the pictures I posted. The bolt that I mentioned above will ONLY work with the kickstand that I show in the picture on that thread.

rndrkeagle
11-10-2008, 04:18 PM
Here's a screenshot of the PDF file that Buell sent to me when I was having this problem.

http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/2168_20081110101708_L.jpg

This is what the NEW kickstand and pivot bolt (pin) look like.

Bordsnbikes
11-10-2008, 07:20 PM
Good **** dude, thanks. I got what seems to be the last original kickstand bolt in the world according to the lady's and fella's that did a lot of searching for me. So here's a shameless plug to Destination Harley in Puyallup, even though they didn't really know what was going on, they really went the extra zillion miles to help me out. They dug up a bolt hiding in some shop and had it sent to them and no charge to me. So I still need the updated kickstand kit, and they had no idea that existed, they really busted their collective ass's to get me that bolt, so I've got some more time before it goes out on me. Some good people there working really hard even though Buell isn't a huge interest to them. Good customer service.

BuellPartsGuy
11-10-2008, 07:49 PM
Yeah sure, you can or the bolt alone, but there is a problem there. If his bike doesn't have the updated sidestand leg service kit already installed, that bolt from that PDF file will not work.

rndrkeagle
11-10-2008, 08:02 PM
that's why I mentioned the last paragraph in my first post above... :)

look carefully at the pictures I posted. The bolt that I mentioned above will ONLY work with the kickstand that I show in the picture on that thread.

Trill
11-10-2008, 08:57 PM
I have an 06ss does my bike have the new sidestand already on it?

Bordsnbikes
11-10-2008, 10:17 PM
I have the original, stock bolt for the kickstand. It was just to get me a little more time before the bolt brakes. I don't have the bolt from the update kit.

Trill, no it doesn't. It have the old style that is prone to breaking.

Trill
11-11-2008, 12:22 AM
And this is not a free fix with recall?

Bordsnbikes
11-11-2008, 01:33 AM
Nope. For things to be recalled it typically has to be safety related. Such as brake failures or the like. I guess your bike falling on you isn't dangerous enough.