PDA

View Full Version : Bogging past 3/4 throttle

BonnieStanley
06-27-2012, 10:47 PM
Ive got an 07 xb12x that recently started bogging down if i opened the throttle past 3/4. If i continue to keep the throttle open a fluttering noise comes from the intake area and the rpm slowly drops. Power only comes back if rpms drop below 2000 or if i pop the clutch. Im assuming that small amounts of back torque restore power. Somehow anyway, i have no idea why. Im not sure how to diagnose this because every scenario i come up with that would lead to bogging only at high throttle - clogged injectors, 6r12a spark plugs, clogged fuel filter, etc, power would be restored as soon as the throttle was closed. I could swear that Ive heard of a problem like this but i cant remember what the solution was. Any ideas?

BonnieStanley
06-28-2012, 04:03 AM
Ive got 6r12a spark plugs. I don't know if they are the same as the 10r12a but i should probably replace them with the ngk plugs. Ive checked the ignition wires, theyre good. Just replaced the fuel filter and screen, thinking that a slight fuel clog would starve the engine of gas at high throttle. Changing them didnt seem to help. I used some fuel injector cleaner and it didnt help either. i suppose the injectors still could be clogged but i dont really think that is the problem. The bike only has 16000 miles but it sat for almost 2 years.

BonnieStanley
06-28-2012, 04:11 AM
Uh it ran fine though from February to the beginning of June.

uly luigi
06-28-2012, 04:19 AM
I'm thinkin it might be the TPS, not sure how to check it, but it is the same one used on V6 mustangs there is a post somewhere here with a part number, setting for that long may have corroded slightly

BonnieStanley
06-28-2012, 06:13 AM
I think i remember how to test a tps. I'll have to look in the book.

BonnieStanley
07-04-2012, 12:19 AM
My bike isn't showing trouble code 11 so I dont think it is the tps. I still havent been able to test it because I can't find any deutsch connectors/pins. I think I'm just going to order a 12 pin connector online so I can make a breakout box. Anyway I'll test it as soon as I can. In the meantime, has anyone heard of a problem similar to this?

BonnieStanley
07-04-2012, 12:26 AM
Just this once I wish Buell used crappy unsealed connectors so I could just back probe them.

anrkizm95
07-04-2012, 12:30 AM
if i opened the throttle past 3/4. If i continue to keep the throttle open a fluttering noise comes from the intake area and the rpm slowly drops. does it only do this going down the road in gear or will it do it in neutral also?

BonnieStanley
07-04-2012, 12:51 AM
It does it in neutral as well as in gear.

anrkizm95
07-04-2012, 12:59 AM
have you checked the fuel pressure or tried spraying carb spray in the throttle body to see if the rpm picks up.

BonnieStanley
07-04-2012, 01:34 AM
When I replaced the fuel filter and screen I ran some gas through the pump before I reinstalled it. I was checking to see if any debris came out, it looked like there was plenty of fuel pressure but I didn't actually check the pressure.

anrkizm95
07-04-2012, 01:40 AM
its hard to tell between the 50 psi that it needs and 35-40 it might have by looking at it.10 min and a can of carb spray might get you going in the right direction.

BonnieStanley
07-04-2012, 01:43 AM
Thanks, I'll give it a shot(literally)

BonnieStanley
07-10-2012, 11:44 PM
Just tried to test it, damn thing slammed right into the rev limiter without bogging down without using carb cleaner. Going to go for a road test to see if it doesnt bog under load.

BonnieStanley
07-11-2012, 12:09 AM
Still bogging on the road. It seems slightly delayed in 4th gear @ 2000 rpms which is new. Before it bogged the instant the throttle past 3/4. I dont know how to test it now. I guess I could take the filter off and spray carb cleaner as I'm riding along but that doesn't seem safe. full throttle...bog...full power!!! with one hand off the bars.