PDA

View Full Version : would this work on my 09?

Luc R
07-02-2012, 06:40 PM
http://www.kneedraggers.com/2007-buell-firebolt-xb12r--CYCLE-PIRATES-RACE-THROTTLE-KIT

bigflash1
07-02-2012, 08:13 PM
What are you going to do about all the switches, etc?
Just wondering, might be interested in it for my XB12R as well if there was a good, clean solution to electrical controls.

jimijeans
07-03-2012, 08:17 AM
It is just a short Throttle Tube kit and cables .IF your bike is All Stock it might be not good for your Engine Response unless you are planning to Individually tune the ECM. The Stock ECM may not respond depending on year and the ECM being used. AS long as you were easy on the Throttle it MAY work. I doubt that is what most want to do purchasing the parts listed on the link. It does work very well on a Race bike on the track. I have one on my 09/race bike and it does pretty good with the programable Ecm I use. I myself wouldn't use one on the street just for safety reasons, with a stock Machine.I have an 08 Bike as well and it is tempting sometimes to switch but due to it being just barely Tuned (Ecm) wise and decient Exhaust and Freeflowing Air I figure it will get me around just fine.If you go that Route then just be carefull,so you don't overrun and hit something. Ride Safe.*Jimi

motoqueiro
07-03-2012, 08:46 AM
I have one similar to that one but with just one cable.
like jimijeans says, be carefull with the throttle and you'll be fine! it's good for those that dont have a rotary wrist :D