PDA

View Full Version : VDSTS Trouble Code

FLHP
07-04-2012, 05:57 PM
Did a regular service on my 2007 Uly. Has an EBR ECM, Drummer SS and an open airbox. It's running fine, but did a TPS reset as part of the process.

VDSTS is throwing a #25 (rear coil) trouble code in the historic section. Nothing current, but keeps popping up the historic trouble. I tried to use the scan tool to clear the fault codes, but it says the ECM is not responding.

I also ran the coil test in the program, and the rear passes, but the front fails.

So I guess I have several questions. It's running fine, so is the problem coming on, just not noticible during most driving? I know the EBR ECM is locked up, but do you think to the point that I can't clear trouble codes? Is it more likely that the aftermarket ecm just throws off the scan tool?

Oh, and last, the trouble code is only thorugh the diagnostic tool, no check engine light.

BuellyBagger
07-04-2012, 06:37 PM
i remember the paper work with my EBR ecm that said it may store phantom trouble codes that mean nothing. I almost positive it said it somewhere on there ne way. see if u can find the papers that came with ur ecm.

FLHP
07-04-2012, 09:33 PM
Remembered sort of the same thing. Went back at it again, then rode some. Came back and kept trying and the trouble clear finally worked.

Went out rode it again, and no trouble code. Also went after the coil utility again. It failed the first time, then both checked of. I think it's more of a communication issue than any problem. The program itself cut out a couple times.

It's running right, so all is well.