PDA

View Full Version : Race ECM

hspinola
10-22-2008, 01:50 AM
Hi everyone,
I just bought an 07 Uly with 2000mi, loaded with almost everything there's available for it.
That includes a Race Ecm and aftermarket exhaust.
Can anyone tell me what's the advantage of having such ecm kit since the old owner was not into racing at all.
He told me this ecm eliminates some of the OEM ecm flaws. I just want to know what they are.
I appreciate your help, and
RIDE SAFELY.
hspinola

Roccodart440
10-22-2008, 02:01 AM
The advantage is mopre power. A uly is more inclined to 2up riding. More power is almost always wecomed especially when it comes to Buells since with exception to the new 1125's are a bit behind the 8 ball in the power department.

The race ECU actaully IMO make the bikes engine more fun to drive and does eliminate some of the stock ECU's limitations. I do however believe there could still be improvment made on the fuel and spark curves.

typeone
10-22-2008, 05:13 PM
the race ecm advances the timing and richens the fueling from 4K up. its actually leaner in the meat of the fuel map since most 'racers' dont spend their time there.

there is no stock ecm flaw, its just where you use the motor most that differs between the two. street vs. track.

having said that, most install the race ecm to make sure the upper RPM ranges are covered as far as fueling goes with a more open intake and exhaust. its one thing to run lean in the middle of the RPM range, its another to be lean up top with the motor wound out.

keghead
02-13-2009, 05:43 PM
Is this what the shop refers to as the 'power commander'?