PDA

View Full Version : Sh*t ton of tweaks

chiligrease
10-25-2008, 09:56 PM
gang, just took possession of my 03xb bolt. no owners manual or service manual. I have a lot to learn already. some of the things i need to correct from the previous knucklehead owner:

-jardine muffler hung with 10 gauge electrical wire. where can i find the correct hanger and where does it attach?

-many bolts missing from plastics and seat, are these standard or metric threads/sizes

-belt guard held on with zip ties, i assume that bolts into swing arm

-rider foot pegs seem unusually loose, normal or do they need a spring to keep them in place [down]

whats the trick to removing/replacing the passenger seat cowling [sorry for not knowing the correct names]

-needs new skins, are these typically tubeless tires?

-small cable underneatch seat, near rear tire, no handle. A small black bracket with circular hole [not mounted] as if it held a choke or something like that.

thanks for your help ahead of time

chili

poppinsexz
10-25-2008, 10:36 PM
I believe the bolts are std 1/4-20

yes the belt guards should be bolted

there should be a spring in the foot pegs

the hole in the plastic under the seat is for a keylock to remove the rear seat/cowl. That is prob what the cable you see under your seat is for. It goes back to the seat latch.

tires are tubeless

you can register at Buell.com in the owners section and download an owners manual pdf.

There is a pdf service manual out on the web for the 03 models, just do a search.

don't have anything for you on the Jardine.

poppinsexz
10-25-2008, 10:42 PM
Found a copy of the parts book for you.

http://xoptiinside.com/misc_buell_info

This guy has a pretty good web site dedicated to Buell tweaking.

chiligrease
10-26-2008, 12:00 AM
poppin, much thanks for help