PDA

View Full Version : Stupid luggage Question!!!!

juicehall
07-18-2012, 04:25 AM
Ok I see every page has a couple luggage posts but I haven't found the answer I am looking for...

If I order a Hepco Becker Journey top case can I just mount It (or any other top case) to the stock adjustable luggage rack? I would like to lay the thing in the back most position so my foot doesn't kick it getting on and off the bike.

Thanks!!! Oh and since its my first post. I bought a 2007 with 2,300 miles for 4,900. At the end of June. We just got back from the beartooth and I have put 4000 miles on it in the last 3 weeks!!!!

uly luigi
07-18-2012, 12:44 PM
You are talking about the "Triple Tail" right, I would not mount any hard luggage to that thing, it only has riggid support about 3/8 of the way up from the grab bars,it will look like a bobble head on crack, Hepco Becker makes the mounts for our hard cases, the only issue I can think of is that the Panniers frame is integral to the top case frame, so might as well have all 3 bags

juicehall
07-18-2012, 03:21 PM
After I posted the question I found the rear rack that is listed on twistedthrottle. I would like to have the entire setup the only problem is I can't really afford it. It sucks that the rear rack is 255, and the case itself is only 165. Also after I posted the question I went out and laid the tail down and it doesn't lay completely flat in the rear position. Crap!!!!