PDA

View Full Version : New 2009 XT Owner

OmegaRunner
07-21-2012, 06:57 AM
I just picked up my new to me 2009 Ulysses XT tonight. It came with an aftermarket exhaust (not sure of brand/type) and an EBR ECM installed. I also got the stock ECM and exhaust with the bike. The aftermarket exhaust is too loud for me. I already have a Sportster that is loud as hell. I want the Buell to be quieter so I will probably end up installing the stock exhaust and get a new EBR ECM to go with it. I've already ordered the comfort kit, but its on back order from ASB.

The previous owner removed the tank cover decals. The bike is blue. Can anyone tell me if the stock decals for the blue bikes was gray or silver? Or does anyone have a part number? I found both colors on the Buell Parts website, but can't figure out which to order.

Rays
07-21-2012, 12:14 PM
My '09 parts manual lists the intake cover decal for the X & the XT as M0725.2AK DECAL, Intake Cover.

I have a blue 2009 XT and I would call them silver - they have a brushed aluminium look, with black edging.

OmegaRunner
07-21-2012, 02:01 PM
Rays, thanks for the info. I got the service manual with the bike, but the previous owner didn't have the parts manual. I am going to order it at the same time I order the decals.

djohnk
07-21-2012, 05:55 PM
Welcome,

Take a picture of your aftermarket exhaust once you get it off the bike. Someone here will identify it for you.

I know the Buell race exhaust is worth $$$ if its in good shape. Some of the other cans aren't cheap either.

juicehall
07-22-2012, 12:51 AM
Don't list your exhaust and ecm just sell it to me!

twobuells
07-22-2012, 02:43 PM
The po probably removed the decals after finding out they are self removing. Mine sets out at work and I have seen mine move down as much as 1/8 in in 1 day.