PDA

View Full Version : XB-S Crossroads Clip-on Style Handlebars

Mcnasty
10-29-2008, 12:08 PM
Hey guys what do you think of these things? Im looking to get a new set os bars with a more agresseve feel. Also like the looks of this set. Anyone have them? I wanna know what they feel like? Also Im into stunt riding an never had a problem with this style of bars on my honda. Will they still work on my xbs? Thanks for the help.

dave_xb12r
10-29-2008, 12:29 PM
I think the look is a 100% improvement. There are different colors, different angles, and also different lengths. The best part is they are easy to install and require no other hardware(except for a new grip)

this is Kajer's B1K3

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n285/dirtsk8r/IMG_2346.jpg

kajer
10-29-2008, 12:35 PM
keep in mind there are two different size bars available for these... The shorter ones would be fine for most riders, I opted for the longer ones being I am a pretty big guy and the width better suits me...

the difference being ~.7 inch per bar...

on the right bar that would put the master cylinder right up against the fly screen. When I first put the bars on, I was doubting my decision, the next day, I had no doubt I made the right choice.

I gave my old bars to my buddy who bought my old bandit... there is a pic in this thread (http://www.buellxb.com/article3269.htm).

oh yeah, I got the -7 degree angled bars... THE BEST

Mcnasty
10-30-2008, 10:53 AM
Ok great info! I found a website that sells them called americansportbike and they say to go for the flat bars. Whats makes the -7 degree better? Also the site lists them for 279 were your cheeper? Thanks for all the help! Mcnasty

kajer
10-30-2008, 11:58 AM
I got mine from AmericanSportBike and that's the price.

I went for the longer/-7 for a more natural grip, also, I didn't like riding with flat wrists...

In the end it's all personal preference I guess... I really like the black plate, and if you got the shorter bars, the controls would pretty much cover the silver color of the actual bars...

I forgot who had the bars, but he re-routed his clutch cable through the fly-screen. I didn't do this and now the cable is rubbing on one of the bolts of the new bars. No big deal, the rubber part of the cable is a little torn, but the metal housing is still intact. That has been the ONLY downside to the bars.

Don't forget the new grips with the order. I got the Buell traction grips and they come with everything you need. Real simple swap! The traction grips have ends on them already, so you don't need caps or anything.

Mcnasty
11-10-2008, 01:22 PM
Ok I think I've made up my mind and Im gonna go with the Black -0 option. Ill let you know what I think when they arive. Thanks for all the help guys!