PDA

View Full Version : 2005 XB12R K&N/Jardine Running lean with race map

midnightfender
07-31-2012, 09:33 PM
Hi everyone, first time poster, long time lurker, I recently got my hands on a 2005 xb12r with a k&n filter (no open filter mod) and a jardine slip on. Now I have minor knowledge of how to tune using ecmspy, but I'ld rather not destroy my baby, I've installed Buell ECM Racemaps onto my bike via copying the actual fuel maps and importing them into my current eeprom. Now my issue is I pulled the plugs an even with the new beefier fuel output its still running lean enough o white out my plugs and decel pop like a beast. Any help would be appreciated! Decent maps would be greatly appreciated, guided mapping help equally appreciated. Thanks again guys!

brianreed2013
06-04-2013, 07:44 PM
I wish someone had an answer to this. I have the exact same setup except mine is a 2004 and I have the same problem. I've tried tuning it myself using ecmspy but I can't get rid of the studder and stall on startup. Weather I use the race map or tune it myself.

MotoX6
06-04-2013, 08:03 PM
Hey I have a xb9r and I have an rt-1 slip on, k&n air filter (no mod) and a stock ECM. I ran my bike down the rode at about 3000-3500 RPM's (give or take) for about 10 minutes or so and since then it's run well. Pops a little on decel but not too bad. Never messed with my ECM...but I gotta say it could be better..but I've never had to change plugs and they've always looked good.

Hope someone has better advice if your set on tuning! Good luck!

Negative
06-05-2013, 07:53 AM
As far as the popping on decel goes ... You could really lean out the fuel values on the bottom row of your fuel maps on the closed throttle overrun areas... that killed the popping on mine completely ... I used 15 as my fuel value and it worked perfectly ...

snrusnak
06-05-2013, 08:01 AM
Every bike is different, and I've noticed that my stock bike ran lean, then stock with race maps ran great, then with open airbox mod and K&N ran lean again. I left the K&N but put the airbox back and it runs good. Until I learn how to tune it and get a wideband I'm leaving it for now with the airbox and stock muffler.

theoctopus
06-05-2013, 08:24 AM
Come on over to The Tuniversity (http://www.thetuniversity.com/). We specialize in getting people set up with fully custom tunes and/or an education on how to tune any FI Buell from start to finish. We work with people of ALL experience levels, and have yet to have a single unhappy customer. No hidden fees for software, either, so once you purchase a tuning package, you're ready to go.