PDA

View Full Version : Buell Race Muffler

nitto12ss
11-04-2008, 08:43 PM
BPG, I would like to know your thoughts on the Buell Race Muffler. I have a 2006 XB12Ss and would like a pipe that will produce a higher quality sound without the loss of power. I plan on running the pipe only,will this create problems without the ECM being tuned, and how much of an improvement sound wise will the race muffler be over stock. Thanks in advance.

nitto12ss
11-06-2008, 02:52 PM
Did I do something wrong here guy's, quz I'm not feeling the love. I know my question has been asked before, but I have heard both good and bad things about the race muffler on this and other forums. The reason I'm asking is because I am bidding on a pipe on ebay, so time is of the essence and I would like to hear from a more credible person to separate fact from fiction. Thanks again. [smirk]

Path125
11-06-2008, 03:09 PM
I have the race muffler on my 05 scg, and love it. I love the dual outlet. I ran it for 2 weeks with the stock ecm, and it seemed ok. The race ecm finally came in plug it in, reset tcp and it ran much smoother and stronger. I recommend the race ecm and k&N filter. Buell did design it together for a reason! As for sound it is much deeper and much louder then stock, very nice.

nitto12ss
11-06-2008, 03:37 PM
Path125, thanks for your two cents on the matter. I hope its not to bold of me to ask for clarification when you say your bike seemed ok when you ran the muffler without the race ecm, did it have a positive/negative effect in power or did it stay about the same? I have no intention of purchasing the race ecm or a high flow air filter, so my only concern is how this pipe will effect the power/ reliability of the bike. Ho yea thanks again, you da man [up]

blackxb12r
11-06-2008, 04:20 PM
i have the race muffler, air box delete and race ecm on my 04 12r and love it. it has a good sound without pissing people off, although my street might disagree with me on the noise. from what i have read on it you might lose a little on the bottom end but gain on the top. mine does not seem to have the low end that the factory set up may have. i have been looking for a stock ecm to put it back to factory and ride it to see the difference. i test rode brand new lightning right after riding my 04 and thought the lighnting had more guts. the open air box and filter along with the hose reroute definetly smooths them out and almost elimates the cough and pop out of the air box. hope this helps.

Path125
11-06-2008, 07:22 PM
"seemed ok" meaning it started fine, idled fine and ran fine. I didn't really notice a lost in bottom end but did notice a small increase top end. I should say that during those 2 weeks i only took the bike out twice for about 40 miles. I do think it runs better/smoother/stronger with the race ecm though.

nitto12ss
11-07-2008, 03:08 AM
Path125 and blackxb12r I thank both of you for you help [up] I was hopping to hear from BPG, but I guess he has more important things to do[confused].