PDA

View Full Version : 25 Coil #2 Open Circuit/Short to Battery

FLHP
08-09-2012, 01:10 AM
Sorry if this goes long and complicated. 2007 Ulysses with some mods. EBR ecm, Drummer SS, and an open airbox set up.

Last service during the TPS reset I noticed a historic trouble code 25. The bike was running great, with no current trouble codes, so I cleared it and moved on.

Now a couple months later it's running a little rough, some coughing and stuttering. I checked and the code was thrown again, but not current. I started forum searches and checked plugs, wires, and poked about the coil. Haven't replaced anything yet.

I find a post about bad grounds, specifically to the coil, so I get out my box of jumpers to start testing and pull the cover off.

I pulled the floor plate off and disconnected the Intake Air Temperature Seonsor and fired it up. Immeiately throws a trouble 25, and stays current. I plug in the sensor, the trouble straightens out.

I do this a couple times, and all the same. More of the question than is the sensor bad is why throw the 25 code. The book says that sensor has it's own code at 15. If it's disconnected shouldn't the sensor show trouble and not the coil?

Headed out to do some wiggle tests on the connections to both the coil and sensor, but if anyone has any idea, throw it my way.