PDA

View Full Version : XB to CR

Thaloc
11-04-2008, 11:23 PM
I would like to hear the opinion of anyone who has changed from an XB to the 1125cr. + and - from bike to bike.

dave_xb12r
11-04-2008, 11:38 PM
I'd like to make the switch. I would have already if the CR wasnt so tall

FIDOSOL
11-04-2008, 11:42 PM
Thinking of taking my idea and moving to a CR? I have to test ride one, no opportunity yet though, Maybe on my next day off.

lunatic
11-04-2008, 11:50 PM
i havent done the switch, but i was serious about getting a XB then the CR came in to the dealer and i just fell in love, it is a awesome piece of machinery. so smooth for a twin

Trill
11-05-2008, 12:16 AM
I want to make a 1125r lightning :)

lunatic
11-05-2008, 12:27 AM
where you thinking of putting the radiators

firechickenXB9R
11-05-2008, 08:56 PM
Have you heard them run? They sound not even right, like a desiel or something. I like my XB's sound.

ADAMLEE
11-05-2008, 09:01 PM
They sound like a sewing machine.

But they ride like a dream, everything was so smooth. I rode it for about 20 miles and it was nice hitting the higher RPM range.

Tons of fun.

matter
11-05-2008, 10:09 PM
Thaloc, I was in the dealership in Wenatchee last week and had a hard time walking past the CR they have on the floor. I am seriously considering one myself. I'm thinking if I sold my Lightning and my Aprilia Mille, maybe it might take the place of both! Jake there said they were having free weenies and I should come over for a test ride. He was supposed to e-mail me about how much trade he would give me for my VOR Supermotard, but I haven't heard back yet. Anyway, nice looking bike!

Matt

Thaloc
11-05-2008, 10:13 PM
Ya I had just called them yesterday and they told me they had one on the floor. Iv been thinking about taking it for a test ride. Ya I bought my 12R from Jake. Iv been giving it good thought and I dont think I can trade my 12R in on the CR yet. I wanna give it 2 years on it, or 2 years for them to tempt me over. But I think a test ride is in order.

FIDOSOL
11-05-2008, 10:32 PM
So for all of us that still have to test ride it..

REPORT BACK ASAP (after the test drive of course)

:D

matter
11-05-2008, 11:58 PM
I have to say that the bike looks pretty sharp in person, the chipmunk cheek radiator cowls don't seem to stand out at all as in pictures... and the engine is a Rotax that is similar to my Aprilia, nice engine, lots of power, so I would have no problem loosing the Harley engine.

meetch
11-06-2008, 05:22 PM
Over all a great bike. Smooth motor, smooth power, and looks pretty mean ....but .. I would have to agree with ADAMLEE in that it sounds exactly like a sewing machine. Exhaust note is very important to me and this bike just didn't cut it. It sounds awful. chattery and tingy... just poo.

I would rather the 12R if I was to choose between models.

FIDOSOL
11-08-2008, 08:28 PM
Just got back from riding the 1125R a couple of hours ago, they didn't have an 1125CR for demo.
That bike pulls in a sneaky way. I love the way the bike handles and I love how smooth it pulls. I never got the bike above 7K rpm the whole ride and I had plenty of power. On the downside, I don't think the seat will cut it for long rides, and I hate the fixed front fairing on the 1125R. I didn't realize how much I had become dependent on seeing everything attached to the handlebars move when I turn them. So fixed fairing is a no-no forever in my book. I love the way the 1125CR looks in person, love the way that engine pulls. I did notice that on the particular bike I took for a ride the clutch required hardly any pull at all. I have to pull the clutch handle half way through the range of motion on my 9S or risk missing my gear, not so no the 1125R. Though it is harder to find where the clutch engages as on the 1125R it tended to engage in a much smaller area than on my 9S. It wasn't jerky or anything just a narrower band to find is all.

I am busily trying to find a way to fit this thing into my budget. I'm thinking that my Eclipse may have to go bye-bye so I can have the 1125CR without having to get rid of my 9S. Even after riding the CR I still LOVE my 9S.

Furball
11-08-2008, 08:52 PM
i went to the dealer today and picked up my 12r.... they had two of these! a black one and a red one. i love it! if they only had it two months ago when i bought my firebolt! thinking of trading my two month old firebolt in....

SteveT
11-29-2008, 02:25 PM
Just recently had a test ride on an 1125R, They had an 1125CR but I couldn't arrange a ride. Does anyone have any riding experience on both models. I was wondering about the ergonomics between the two. I'm selling my Duc at the moment so I may have one or the other in the garage pretty soon. Also, does the recall effect all 2008 nd 2009 1125s? Cheers,Steve[confused]

wardamneagle
12-01-2008, 12:40 AM
Ergos are real close on the R and CR. We just got a CR in the shop that we put standard bars on (as opposed to the clubmans) I love the way it feels. It reminds me of my lightning and could probly be used for some fairly long distance riding as well as agressive stuff

SteveT
01-31-2009, 10:40 PM
Hey wardamneagle. Thanks for the response. I decided not to sell the Duc. As it turns out it was a limited release in the USA so I'll keep it. I am seriously thinking of sell my car though. That way, I might be able to swing a CR with the standard bars instead of clubmans. Somehow I will have one in the garage. Maybe life without a cager wouldn't be so bad...except when it snows.:D

ozzie84
04-30-2009, 03:12 AM
i test rode it this past saturday, and its friggin awesome, im just waiting for someone to buy my lightning so i can jump for the cr

jsg
04-30-2009, 06:20 AM
I test rode one last summer and really I prefer my xb. In all honesty if I was to go for a different motor my choice would go for the KTM superduke. It might not help that I was a bit more free to try the superduke compare to the HD/Buell demo day where I rode the CR

dave_xb12r
04-30-2009, 06:48 AM
Well I rode an 1125r, and it was scary fast. Too much bike for me, thats for sure! It just didn't seem practical and just as pointless as a GSXR 1000 around town.

johnnyvaughn
05-18-2009, 05:43 PM
I have a XB12R and I am getting the 1125CR next weekend. I took one for a test ride and no hiccups in throttle and plenty of horse power. This bike is a tremendous improvement. Another reason I went with this bike is you don't see them all over the roads. Plus it has the same engine as the Aprilia with a larger displacement.

xtremelow
05-18-2009, 07:10 PM
What exhaust options do they offer for the CR??

Any one know?

midlifecrisis
05-18-2009, 10:27 PM
Remember the CR is geared lower than the R for more 'hooliganlike' (read wheelie prone) behavior.

1001yos
05-19-2009, 11:24 AM
I rode both the CR and the R back to back. I also Got to drive the CR with my wife on the back. Plenty of power even with both of us on it.

It has so much power, it was rediculous.

Too much bike for me. Other than that, couldn't relly disern a great difference between the 1125R and xb12r for seating position or geometry. As for the horsepower, 145 is too much for the street.

I'm going to stick with the XB12R.

punkrider85
05-24-2009, 03:39 PM
power is all in the wrist, you would'nt know the 1125cr is a 146hp brahma bull on steroids laced with crack if you never cracked down on the throttle. its very subtle, if your smooth with your shifts. my only issue isn't so much a problem as it is something you have to get used to, once the engine is warm and running at higher rpms shifts up to 5th and 6th dont feel successful, the shifter doesnt have as much upwards travel and you dont hear the typical "clunk" as did in the previous 3 up-shifts. basically it feels like your already in 6th gear and are trying to shift to a non-existant 7th, but upon realeasing the clutch and glancing at the gear in dicator its obvious the the shift was successful. anyway ive had my 'cr since feb. and just broke 2000 miles, its an awesome bike, especially for the back-ass country roads around here.

Zany
10-23-2009, 09:46 AM
Well I bought one and love it's wild ride and quick moves. I have owned Buells for a long time, Cyclones, X1's, XB's, and now 1125CR. I know that this is the last in the line up for now. But they said the same thing when the S1's came out. They are now the most sot after bikes around. The main differance I see is hight. Mine came with Clubmans, which I do not like, I'm 5'11" inches. I will change then with a set of the older Street Buell which will change the riding position to a more neutral on for me. Water cooled, new easy electronics & ECM, tunable suspension. Great bike!!!

shocksoket
11-09-2009, 02:57 PM
hey just bought 1125cr but it wont be in until december
does anyone have info on swapping tail section to a xb 12 s tail section?
i like the shorter and higher look
also going w remus pipe if anyone has opinion on that exhaust
thanks!!!