PDA

View Full Version : firebolt lowering kit

erkblack
04-29-2007, 04:24 PM
I own a 2004 Buell firebolt xb12. Does any one know of a way to lower the bike 1.5 to 2 inches in front and back?

wijjiamxb9r
04-29-2007, 04:42 PM
get a fat girl on it

BuellPartsGuy
04-29-2007, 05:52 PM
Put a Buell XB12scg rear spring or complete shock on the back.

07xb12rblack
04-30-2007, 02:56 AM
You can also cut the adjustment setting off the shock and drop the front by taking out the keeper rings about 2 inches.

erkblack
04-30-2007, 12:14 PM
will the rear be lower than the front if i cut out the adjustment setting.

07xb12rblack
04-30-2007, 05:16 PM
Lower the front a cpl inches. I got pics if you want. Email bayoubuell@yahoo.com

erkblack
05-01-2007, 05:59 PM
slidin the forks on the triple trees only gives about a
half inch. is there no way to change the springs in the the forks?

BuellPartsGuy
05-01-2007, 06:00 PM
XBscg fork springs

kiwi
11-23-2007, 06:35 AM
Lower the front a cpl inches. I got pics if you want. Email bayoubuell@yahoo.com
Posted: 30 Apr 2007 19:44

I'm looking at buying an XB12R, but stand 5ft 2. I would be keen to see what you have done to lower the bike...I thought maybe take something out of the seat, (we have a company here in New Zealand that does gel seats) also a half inch added to my boots, or the old get a fat BOYfriend...I only weigh 100lbs so don't move much downwards.

I emailed you but email was returned. Would be good to hear from anybody with regards this issue.

null (dellwynne@slingshot.co.nz)

BuellPartsGuy
11-23-2007, 04:13 PM
I just built a Firebolt for a 5ft tall 105lb woman this month. No joke. What you need to do is get the suspension off of a XB12SCG that is listed in this post.

Buell Lowering Kit (http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Forum/Buell-Firebolt-XB12-XB9-2008-1125R/Buell-aftermarket-parts/Firebolt-Lowering-Kit)

I did do something different for the lady that I lowered it for. Rather than using a CG rear shock, I ordered one from Works Suspension. Its a better shock for her (and you too) because it is valved for your weight when you order it. It will be just as short if not a little shorter than the CG suspension if you do it that way. It does, however cost a bit more. A factory rear shock runs about $275 American, but the Works rear shock runs about $800 American. Its up to you if you want a better ride and a slightly lower ride height. Any questions about it be sure to let me know and I will walk you through it.

kiwi
11-23-2007, 08:42 PM
THanks so much for that BuellPartsGuy...

kiwi
11-23-2007, 08:44 PM
Maybe I should get you to do one for me and freight it out haha

BuellPartsGuy
11-23-2007, 09:00 PM
The option is open..... :D

kiwi
11-23-2007, 10:52 PM
Seriously? :)

You wanna email me dellwynne@slingshot.co.nz

BuellPartsGuy
11-23-2007, 11:00 PM
You really want to ship a bike to Arizona, USA just so I can lower it? Or do you just want me to ship you the parts needed to lower the bike?

kiwi
03-21-2008, 04:00 AM
BuellPartsGuy, wonderful fountain of kowledge....would you be able to price up those parts, (including the works shock, for my weight, 100lbs) plus shipping...I realise you're a busy guy, but just not sure I trust the cowboys downunder to get it right.

Cheers

Kiwi

BuellPartsGuy
03-21-2008, 04:39 AM
Remind me tomorrow. I will let you know an estimate.

kiwi
03-21-2008, 10:06 PM
Cool, thanks Buell parts guy but lets make it the xb9r....having trouble even sourcing a xb12r here that I like.

BuellPartsGuy
03-21-2008, 10:28 PM
The last one I did total parts cost was $1595US. The shock can be ordered in any weight and doesn't effect the price.

LeFox
03-22-2008, 07:27 AM
BPG, if you want some real adjustments on those rear shocks you should try AST (http://www.ast-suspension.com/).
contact ronny, he rides buell and makes the shocks, even custom.

http://www.ast-suspension.com/images/foto/Buell%20compleet%20DH.jpghttp://www.ast-suspension.com/images/foto/Buell%20D.jpg
http://www.ast-suspension.com/images/foto/martincouragess1w.gifhttp://www.ast-suspension.com/images/foto/adrenelin%20XB12.gif

BuellPartsGuy
03-22-2008, 05:27 PM
Yeah but shipping would cost an arm, leg, and a kidney. Plus it would take 2 months to get here. The Works shock I use the lower it comes in a few different levels of adjustability. The thing is though, most the people that want their bikes lowered, dont care what it rides like, they just want it closer to the earth.

LeFox
03-22-2008, 07:37 PM
yea, but 1600$ is not a small amount.

they are already in the u.s., though, so there should be no shipping

BuellPartsGuy
03-22-2008, 08:07 PM
No no no, $1600 is for everything, not just the shock

kiwi
03-23-2008, 09:11 PM
Probably shipping these parts to New Zealand is the scary part...any ideas how much? I expect if I ordered them through the local dealer here he'd charge me postage plus a reasonable mark up on the parts.

BuellPartsGuy
03-23-2008, 09:59 PM
If you are serious about this, I can find out shipping costs, just give me a zip code

kiwi
03-24-2008, 12:45 AM
Definitely serious, tho this is New Zealand, we don't have zip codes, I think we're too small...chances are its the same cost to anywhere in New Zealand.... I am in an area called the Waikato. If you prefer to email me direct its.

dellwynne@slingshot.co.nz

kiwi
03-24-2008, 08:50 PM
Happy with the cheapest option which is probably by sea... :)

warhorse
03-25-2008, 01:39 PM
hey kiwi i know alot of new zealand people well more like half came there for mission trips and then came back with a kiwi. i can only imagine what is like to be able to have your run of an island on one of the worlds best twisty bike. you think you could post some pics of the roads there? you know to share with the family. to bad we cant post vid on here.

water is wet sky is always blue

BuellPartsGuy
03-25-2008, 07:27 PM
Ok here is what I have come up with. I did a check on the shipping by entering the weight and I just did a general ship to New Zealand. Shipping 35lbs from Phoenix,AZ to New Zealand would run around $500.00 American via UPS. None of it was considered oversize classification. If you want to do some more checking on shipping you can, but if you want to continue with this let me know and I will nail down a more accurate price for everything all together to make sure this will benefit you in the long run. Keep me posted.

kiwi
03-25-2008, 11:10 PM
Yep, WARHORSE, NZ, great roads, everytime you go out there's always somewhere different to go. We've had a long hot Summer, drought here in the Waikato which is normally the best dairy farming country. Autumn now (still 30 degrees celsius) and plenty bikes still out on the roads. Tomorrow I'm buying my Buell, and can sell my Honda as soon as I get my feet on the ground hahaha. I will definitely take the camera out next time...you guys should get yourselves down here, NZ is beautiful...

BuellPartsGuy
03-25-2008, 11:47 PM
Did you ever see what it would cost for these parts over there? I'm curious to see what the price difference is.

kiwi
03-25-2008, 11:53 PM
Shyte!! thats a fair chunk isn't? I have had the parts priced here, landed, excluding the works shock, of $1200 USD ( + the works shock, which they estimated at $800 NZD. $634 USD)

All up, including shipping from you, is $2,100 USD.

Probably not much in it is there really. Unless we could get the shipping costs down, I may as well order them through the shop here. Also I wont be stung goods and services Tax on entry to NZ of another 12.5%.

Sooo, yup I think if shipping's going to be so high I might have to flag it. I do really appreciate the effort you've gone to on my behalf.

BuellPartsGuy
03-26-2008, 01:20 AM
If it is shipped USPS it may be a lot cheaper, it would just take a while longer. UPS is pretty spendy compared to most. Do some checking around on shipping. My zip code here is 85382. Check shipping USPS from me to you or another carrier.

kiwi
03-26-2008, 01:44 AM
Just did an online calculation for US to NZ via USPS, 35lbs, with dimensions allowed to be no larger than 60 inches long and length plus girth 108 inches, prority mail international (the cheapest, 6 -10 days) $173.30

Seems cheap...and certainly a better option than ordering from here...would save me approx $500 NZD.

THe USPS site didnt ask for dimensions OR zip code, so that price may be subject to change, that was as detailed as I could seem to get it from this end.

I think I can avoid the Goods and Services Tax at this end if it's sent straight to a shop here where I choose to get the work done

warhorse
03-26-2008, 12:05 PM
well once i see some pics of the roads there i might just. cause lord knows i dont have anyone to ride with here

water is wet sky is always blue

mrdozer2you
03-26-2008, 06:33 PM
I think I can avoid the Goods and Services Tax at this end if it's sent straight to a shop here where I choose to get the work done

Doubtful...the govt. wont miss a chance to make a buck. [mad]

kiwi
03-26-2008, 06:40 PM
Bike shops importing parts pass the gst on to the customer they are selling to, as they won't be on-selling the parts to me, GST wont exist... I will check with the bike shop tho.

Warhorse, check out the photo gallery at this website

http://www.gotournz.com/

kiwi
03-28-2008, 05:10 AM
Buell Parts God....if you can clarify that USPS quote for me, then its a go...let me know how you wanna organise the funds via email and I will give address details the via the same method.

Cheers

BuellPartsGuy
03-28-2008, 06:52 AM
If we are going to go thru with USPS, I will have to have a talk with my manager at work. We do not have a way to ship international via USPS at the dealership. It would have to be an outside shipping arrangement thing. I want to discuss the details with him and see what he thinks would be the best way to go about this. I will let you know as soon as I can what we will have to do.

As far as the shipping price, it going to be difficult. I wont be able to figure out an exact shipping due to the fact that I do not have any of the parts here in stock. There in lies the problem. All the parts will be shipped to me in separate boxes. To save on the shipping, I was going to try to box them all together in one box. Won't have an exact weight and size to confirm a shipping cost. Also, I cant get the parts without to me without having the parts paid for. My manager will not let me order a large order like that without it being paid for prior to order, especially a custom order shock. Another thing, the rear shock could take up to 2 months just to get to me. It takes them that long just to build them.

So basically, once I get with my manager to be able to do this, this would probably be how it would have to all happen....

I would receive the money from you for the parts order (however we end up sending it)

Order would be placed for all the parts

The parts all get to me (could take up to 2 months)

I would then figure the most economical shipping cost

I would then contact you with the shipping cost

I receive the money for shipping

I ship it out to you and contact you with an ETA and the shipping info

You receive it, install it, and have a better riding Buell thats closer to the Earth.

If you have any questions or concerns let me know. I'll give you my e-mail, but I cant check it at work, so if you want to iron out the details we should take care of that on here due to the ease of communication through here. Just send all the more private stuff to my e-mail

sublime_777@hotmail.com

mrdozer2you
03-28-2008, 02:42 PM
You should be able to get an estimated weight of the items...I'm sure someone on the Buell Tech/Cust. Service could dig up some weights to help figure cost. Kiwi could even call with part numbers and get part weights im sure. [up]

BuellPartsGuy
03-28-2008, 07:30 PM
I already have the weight of each item. I can find out what each item weighs exactly by logging into Harley's system, but that doesn't tell me what the overall shipping weight is going to be, packed with lots of precautionary packing, all in one box. It also will not tell me how big the box to fit everything is going to have to be. I want everthing exact, not guessing. It not my money that I am playing with.

mrdozer2you
03-29-2008, 12:59 PM
Right...but you can get a very close guess-timate [smirk] That should work and add a little extra to cover yourself just in case...and being that you're a stand up guy you can always refund any overage that Kiwi pays [up]

fastxb12r
03-29-2008, 10:21 PM
[confused]buellpartsguy I have a 05 buell xb12r and am interested in the lowering kit you are posting about but when I searched some of the parts listed they come up 9 parts instead of 12 could you please post a list for my bike I am a serious buyer and would very much like to do this mod. TY

BuellPartsGuy
03-29-2008, 10:43 PM
Ignore what the parts descriptions say. They will fit. Its just the matter of which parts you need depending on the year of your bike. If you want to set something up, call me here at the store sometime and we will talk it over. I'm off Sunday and Monday.

623-247-5542

kiwi
04-14-2008, 06:44 AM
HI BuellPartsGod..sorry I haven't got back to you...family bereavement..

I have finally got the info on taxes, grrr spew, 10% added for customs and 12.5% goods and services tax so as MrDozer said, they aint gunna miss a chance..it seems at that rate it will be no cheaper to do it straight from the states.

Also, that is just way to much work to ask you to do if it can't be done through work.....

Sooo...I have ordered them through my mechanic...and gone straight to Works who kindly gave me 10% discount...

I really appreciate all the help you have given in here and others also for their input.

I shall post pics of before and after so everyone can see how fantastic your advice is...

you rock BPG

BuellPartsGuy
04-15-2008, 08:15 PM
Thats fine. If its cheaper doing it that way, by all means, do it. As long as you get the right parts and you get your bike lowered, thats all that matters. Let me know if you need any help.

kiwi
09-26-2008, 08:10 AM
yeehaa, bit slack getting back, I am up and running....will try to post some before and after pics for ya soon...and sorry you guys are heading into winter, the weather is fining up beautifully here...daylight saving starts this weekend, Summer is almost here....:)