PDA

View Full Version : Thread pieces

Poohspot18
11-06-2008, 07:55 PM
I think I may have an issue with my computer, but I gotta ask. When looking at some threads ( for example: http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Forum/General-Motorcycle-Chat/Video-Post. ) I look like an idiot for asking "where's the Link?" The reply posts, " Last post on page 1." ok. So I look again, and when I view the thread on page one I can only see 4 posts. Thaloc, kajer, FIDOSOL, and Trill. Usually there is a reply box at the bottom but it stops at the end of Trill's Post (which doesn't have a link in it). It's happening to me on several threads. Another on it did it on today was the on eposted by FIDOSOL about a Firebolt on a Motorcycle shop. Is anyone else experiencing this, or do I just have a FUBAR computer?

FIDOSOL
11-06-2008, 08:21 PM
What web browser are you using? If you're not using Firefox, or Internet Explorer then that may be the problem, also look and see if something pops up in your Browser window at the top (in Firefox/Internet Explorer) asking for permission to display something. Worst case scenario download firefox (it's free, and wonderful) install it and try opening through there, if that doesn't work then post more info on what kind of computer/isp you are running and maybe me and the rest of the computer elite (geeks) on here can help you out.

Poohspot18
11-06-2008, 08:26 PM
the thing is it's my Govt workstation ( I'm in the Marines) Not sure if computer stuff has the same restrictions in the Army. I can't with out permisison from my Comm O and NMCI. so I suffer through Internet Explorer. I use Firefox at home, and I'll check to see if it happens there. and report. Thanks FIDOSOL. Poohspot18

FIDOSOL
11-06-2008, 08:35 PM
Sorry I didn't even think to ask if it was a Gov't Computer. I'm in the Army so I know. Yea, it's the Gov't Computer that is to blame. Are you on Staff Duty/CQ?

Poohspot18
11-07-2008, 11:32 AM
I suppose you could say I'm on Staff. Not exactly sure what you mean. I work in the Command Post in the Training and operations section, I enroll Marines in schools and help them with their correspondance courses and Exams, I'm also a Drafter/Surveyor. My MOS School was at Ft Leonard Wood. I'm a Sgt.

FIDOSOL
11-07-2008, 03:09 PM
OK, well staff duty is a 24 hour detail in which you check on the wellbeing of the squadron/brigade. It's pretty lame. Sounds like you work in the marine equivalent of an "S" shop. Our "S" shops just do most of the paperwork from leave to chapter paperwork, schools, funeral details, etc.

I'm a SPC.

Poohspot18
11-07-2008, 03:13 PM
Yeah I work in the S-3. Jon.norris@usmc.mil

FIDOSOL
11-07-2008, 03:16 PM
Ok, that is the same in the army then, kk. I'm a 19D- Cavalry Scout.
dylan.cruce@us.army.mil