PDA

View Full Version : 2007 XB9SX: D&D installation problems

JohnLee1120
09-23-2012, 11:47 PM
So, my D&D slip-on exhaust came in the mail the other day, and today I decided to try to put it on. I removed the old Jardine GP-1 exhaust that was on it, but then I ran into an issue. The D&D pipes are meant to be installed as if they were replacing the stock exhaust. There is a stock bracket that needs to be reinstalled, but there is an oil line in the way. I can't figure out if I am supposed to disconnect the oil line and then re-route it through the bracket, or what. Advice???
/Users/johngivogre/Pictures/exhaust4.jpg

/Users/johngivogre/Pictures/exhaust3.jpg

/Users/johngivogre/Pictures/exhaust2.jpg

/Users/johngivogre/Pictures/exhaust1.jpg

anrkizm95
09-23-2012, 11:49 PM
I can't figure out if I am supposed to disconnect the oil line and then re-route it through the bracket, or what. Advice???yes you are

GAXB9R
09-24-2012, 01:29 AM
To get away from disconnecting the oil lines just cut a 1" slot in the top of the half moon. It wont affect the structural integrity of the half moon and it is so much easier. Once you start disconnecting those lines you are more prone to having an oil leak there.

d_adams
09-24-2012, 02:01 AM
I cut a few of them on the bottom instead, gives it more structural strength that way, plus less stress on the bands from sharp edges. It's a little harder to fish it up over the oil lines, but it's not impossible. Once it's in place and the muffler is up against it, the bands pull it in but the muffler keeps it from collapsing in.

Works with a stock pipe as well.

http://i643.photobucket.com/albums/uu151/dadams1969/xb9/IMAG1489_zpsad8e860d.jpg

Rhino1
10-21-2012, 08:15 PM
Bump for a great idea!

GAXB9R
10-21-2012, 08:37 PM
if your having trouble with the D&D and are fed up with it i will take it off your hands.