View Full Version : 2009 Buell 1125R For Sale

AE Twitch
09-30-2012, 05:35 PM
This is a 2009 Buell 1125R with 13,500 miles. Asking $7500.00

Custom Colored LED display in Cluster
4300K H4 Hid Conversion Headlights
White LED Towers installed in Running Lights
Pazzo Racing Levers to match Paint
120 green LEDs installed throughout bike.
Black Magic control module with 7 different settings for the green LEDs
Modified Stock Muffler from Hawks Performance
Custom Green Paint Job with Airbrushed Buell Logo's
Aftermarket Gel Hand Grips
Clear Tank Protector
K&N Air Filter
Removed Second Throttle Control Solenoid that restricts WOT above 3rd Gear.
Tires still have plenty of good tread.
Also comes in Shop Repair Manual and Custom Made Rear stand
Bike is well taken care of, I also have detailed journal of all work done to bike since buying it from Dealership in Oct 2009

Due to my busy schedule, email and text is the best way to get a hold of me the first time around.
CELL- 469-644-9561

NO JOY RIDES ALLOWED.

http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt181/twitchyleprechaun/IMG_3522.jpg

http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt181/twitchyleprechaun/IMG_3521.jpg

http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt181/twitchyleprechaun/IMG_3518.jpg

http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt181/twitchyleprechaun/IMG_3517.jpg

http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt181/twitchyleprechaun/IMG_3516.jpg

http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt181/twitchyleprechaun/IMG_3514.jpg

http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt181/twitchyleprechaun/IMG_3510.jpg

http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt181/twitchyleprechaun/IMG_3509.jpg

http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt181/twitchyleprechaun/IMAG0207.jpg

Rhino1
10-01-2012, 01:21 AM
Hey, Don Otello and Michelangelo called... They want their bike back... :D

Bump for a cool, different 1125R!!

Alfatango1
10-01-2012, 01:49 AM
Drop your price by $3000 and you might get a bite. I sold an 08 with only 1700 miles for $4250 after sitting on it for four months. There is no way in hell you'll get that kind of money with 13,000 miles on that bike. No one here is a fool, some jack asses like me but no fools.

AE Twitch
10-01-2012, 03:00 AM
LOL on the Ninja Turtle Reference.

Blue Book value plus extras make this bike worth the $7500. With all the extras that were added to the 09's that the 08's different have make me understand why you got so little.

Semperfi
10-02-2012, 06:10 PM
Lol, I would rather have an 08 than an 09, and anybody who knows about the 09 pretty much thinks the same thing. But seriously bro, it should always be known that parts and accessories don't necessarily mean your bike is worth more sadly. A stock bike is often more desirable than an aftermarketed-up one. Good luck with your sale bro

freak2180
10-02-2012, 06:26 PM
A stock bike is often more desirable than an aftermarketed-up one

yup yup.... BTW what made you paint it Kawi green?

AE Twitch
10-03-2012, 01:54 PM
It's Kelly Green with Gold and Green Metallic in it. When the sun is behind you the green metallic shows, and when the sun is in front of you, the gold metallic shows up.

I'm Irish, so it fit pretty well.

Alfatango1
10-03-2012, 01:58 PM
Blue Book value plus extras make this bike worth the $7500. With all the extras that were added to the 09's that the 08's different have make me understand why you got so little. Wrong, I'm a dealer and Blue Book doesn't mean ****, market does. No ones getting that kind of money for them. You'll keep it or drop the price. Mark my words, your miles and price are way too high.

AE Twitch
10-03-2012, 05:28 PM
That's cool if no one buys it, I don't mind keeping. But, that is my price and if someone pays it then the bike is theirs.

Loki
10-03-2012, 07:31 PM
Holy Kawasaki puke batman!

RyanExtra
10-03-2012, 11:04 PM
Seriously guys, lets not **** all over this guys for sale post. Just poor manners.

Alfatango1
10-04-2012, 04:56 AM
Seriously guys, lets not **** all over this guys for sale post. Just poor manners.Sellers never look at the KKB or NADA footnotes at the bottom of the page. If they did they would see that average mileage for a motorcycle is 2000 a year and if you are more than twice that much the "Asking " price goes down considerably. And as a dealer I know that book does not mean ****. You can ask whatever you want but I know that $7000 dollars for a green 1125 is more than $4000 dollars more than it will get anywhere in the country and I will say so. I don't care if anyone thinks it's poor form to call out a sellers asking price, I'm here for the members who have been here for a long time and I'm going to give my "dealers" opinion. Sure maybe it may sell for higher in a small part of the U.S. But I am in one of the biggest cities in the country and right across from a Marine base and work with a dozen other dealers and no one on the West Coast will get $7000 for an 1125

Alfatango1
10-04-2012, 05:00 AM
Holy Kawasaki puke batman! And I like Kawasaki Green... On a Kawasaki!

AE Twitch
10-04-2012, 07:51 AM
Sellers never look at the KKB or NADA footnotes at the bottom of the page. If they did they would see that average mileage for a motorcycle is 2000 a year and if you are more than twice that much the "Asking " price goes down considerably.

Maybe you should check KBB again, because the expected accumulated mileage of a 2009 with 750cc or more is 16120

mowgoli84
10-04-2012, 02:11 PM
Blue Book value plus extras make this bike worth the $7500. With all the extras that were added to the 09's that the 08's different have make me understand why you got so little.

09= nightmare stator.

Has it been replaced, rewound, or has any warranty work been done to solve the issue?

AE Twitch
10-04-2012, 02:16 PM
Of Course

Battery, stator, and wiring from stator to relay and battery have all been replace under warranty.

Alfatango1
10-04-2012, 02:21 PM
Maybe you should check KBB again, because the expected accumulated mileage of a 2009 with 750cc or more is 16120 Maybe on a cruiser, on a sport bike that's a giant red flag, trade in I would give about $2500 tops.

oh9bolt
10-04-2012, 02:25 PM
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s103/jacogan/8EA8A189-4085-4979-AC02-4F7A16FE91E1-4981-0000042A7DB989C1.jpg

Alfatango1
10-04-2012, 02:34 PM
Like I said, cruiser and as shown touring. If you're in the business and a three year old sport bike has 13xxx miles it's a red flag. I've bought and sold touring bikes with up to 40,000 miles with no issues but when the miles are that high on an 09 sport bike. I don't even like to take them on trade and I'd never buy one at auction.

Rhino1
10-04-2012, 02:43 PM
Guys, really?? WTF?? whatever valid points you may have, this barrage of attacks and crapping on this For Sale thread is uncalled for and shouldn't be allowed. Where are our mods?!? This type of sh*t is what kills forums.

Alfatango1
10-04-2012, 03:21 PM
This is a forum right? By definition an open place for discussion. I'm not attacking the guy I'm just expressing my opinion. I'm allowed my opinion and it can be based on emotion, experience, taste and what not but mine is strictly based on experience as a buyer and seller of motorcycles. Didn't mean to offend the seller or anyone else here.

freak2180
10-04-2012, 03:40 PM
i would buy 2 XB's for that price. thats purly because Ive never been a fan of the 1125's. Well thier issues more so.

AE Twitch
10-04-2012, 03:40 PM
Not offended whatsoever at the conversation. But thanks for looking out. I enjoy the discussions.

Rhino1
10-04-2012, 03:47 PM
Well, screw you too! I'm a little pissed! LOL! :D

timothycasetimothy
10-05-2012, 03:21 AM
I have a 2009 1125cr with 12,500 miles on it...the guy I bought it from liked to ride and rode it like a bike should be, took care of it and sold me a well sorted out sport bike that's great on the open road, reliable and good looking to boot. This guy has set his price at what he would like to sell it for...if he gets that price, awesome, if he goes lower, great, but I don't think it's anyone's business aside from the seller and buyer what the "value" of the bike is.

I've bought and sold a few bikes in person and online and tirekickers are obnoxious, but online tirekickers who don't even have the courtesy to come check out my bike before they shoot me an insulting offer are idiots.

My $.02.

Good luck with your sale, mate!

Alfatango1
10-05-2012, 03:53 AM
've bought and sold a few bikes in person and online and tirekickers are obnoxious, but online tirekickers who don't even have the courtesy to come check out my bike before they shoot me an insulting offer are idiots.
I've bought and sold 107 bikes in the last year and a half and checking out a bike means dick. You can ask whatever you think you want and go by KBB and what not but having owned, bought and sold more bikes than the average person (I spend $12,000/$20,000 or more monthly at the Poway auction) I feel pretty confidant I know what market is. Oh, plus I sell in the sixth largest city in the country right across from one of the largest Marine/Navy bases in the U.S. So if you want to "Ask" XXX for your bike go right ahead, I hope you get it. It means **** in the real world, if you get that perfect sucker who loves your bike... Awesome! But the members here who pay attention know better.

Loki
10-05-2012, 04:08 AM
Alf, what on earth do you mean when you say a sport bike with 10xxx miles on it are a "red flag." You have something against people who actually ride?

I bet a bike with 4 digits is taken better care of then bikes in the 3 digits 85-90% of the time. When someone owns or rides their bike that much longer means they care for it more then the dudes who put 2k on in two years then sell it to someone else. Out of all the bikes ive bought, ive had less problems with the bikes that have 10K and up for miles then the 6k and 4k bikes. Granted, i would rather get a 10k bike then one with 30k on it lol.

Alfatango1
10-05-2012, 04:18 AM
Alf, what on earth do you mean when you say a sport bike with 10xxx miles on it are a "red flag." You have something against people who actually ride?

I bet a bike with 4 digits is taken better care of then bikes in the 3 digits 85-90% of the time. When someone owns or rides their bike that much longer means they care for it more then the dudes who put 2k on in two years then sell it to someone else. Out of all the bikes ive bought, ive had less problems with the bikes that have 10K and up for miles then the 6k and 4k bikes. Granted, i would rather get a 10k bike then one with 30k on it lolYou can bet all you want, but I've seen what high mileage sport bikes have in their engine cases. touring and cruiser riders are not as hard on their bikes as sport bike riders. Ask the techs who take down and repair bikes, they will tell you the same thing. I'm ASE in parts but not a tech but the owner of my shop/dealership and my techs all say the same thing. 90% of sport bikes with those kind of miles are worn out and rode hard. Maybe it's different where you live but in Southern California it seems to be the case.

Loki
10-05-2012, 04:38 AM
Worn out and rode hard have nothing to do with each other. You can ride your bike as hard as you want as long as you take proper care of it you can still get plenty of miles out of your bike before needing a rebuild or any of the like.

The buell xb is a sport bike and plenty of guys on here have 30k on their bike with plenty of pep on the same non rebuilt engine. A sport bike is designed to handle abuse more then a cruiser, but you still need to take care of it just the same as you do a cruiser and it can last you forever. You must be around alot of **** tards. If a sport bike was made to only last 10,000 miles then we have a problem. Even at 30,000 miles, that would mean in the lifetime of my buell i would only get 2 valve adjustments before my engine is shot to hell? Poor investment on ANYONE who wants to buy a bike then.

get out of here with that

njdevils1990
10-05-2012, 04:38 AM
Id stick to your price. Last year i bought my CR for $6000 with 4,100 miles on it. Put 16,000 miles on it, changed the plastics and rims and threw the EBR exhaust and ecm on and i can sell it for just about the same as what i bought it for. KBB for mine with 20,000 miles is about 5,900 w/the extras. That will only go down tho if people dont stop giving in, If i were to seriously put my bike up for sale I would choose a price point and not sell it for any lower than that.

And "high" mileage isnt always a bad thing, think about it an 08 1125R with 1,500 miles on it might sound like a good deal but engines can rust if they sit for long periods of time and i would rather buy an 08 1125 with 10,000 than 1,000 miles. As long as the bike is up to date on services mileage is not that big of a deal.

but thats just my opinion

rockerphotographer
10-05-2012, 02:04 PM
Dealers don't like higher mileage bikes because they're simply harder to sell. They don't want to be known as "The high mileage bike dealer" either. I wouldn't say they're trashed though.

Like what was said earlier, it's all about maintenance. Unfortunately, most bikes are poorly maintained, even cruisers, but nice high mileage bikes are out there to be found. If the owner has a complete well documented maintenance log, then you have no argument....

AE Twitch
10-05-2012, 02:52 PM
If the owner has a complete well documented maintenance log, then you have no argument....

That is why I keep it. I bought a 1989 Yamaha FZR 1000 from a friend a few years back. It had over 35k miles on it, but he had a log with everything that was ever done to it, who did the work, and how much everything was. I figured it was a damn good idea and I should do the same. I have owned 5 or 6 bikes since then and it is a great little extra thing to add when selling the bike. It also helps you keep track of when maintenance is due.

I have a few people coming to look at the bike over the weekend. :D

rockerphotographer
10-05-2012, 03:54 PM
I bet a dealer would price it the same without doing anything to it except make it shiny and slap some crap tires on it that'll end up wrecking you. SURE the bike ain't worth **** when they're the buyer, I understand it's a business but others have the right to get top dollar for their belongings as well.

Leave the guy alone and go rip off some newbs. Not every transaction has to go through you.....

GLWS!

RyanExtra
10-05-2012, 09:07 PM
Well this for sale thread turned into a dumpster. Seriously people can ask whatever they want for their bikes. Doesnt mean they will sell but that is their choice. This forum is a little too quick to **** on each other. Makes me sad.

agfish18
10-05-2012, 09:17 PM
nice bike... a bit too "bright" for my taste, but GLWS. if you cant sell the bike for what you want, then keep it if you can.I thought about selling my '08 1125, but It has nearly 30K miles on it so I wouldnt get nearly what I have into it, and besides, I like it... It has had all of its scheduled maintenance done to it and should last a while longer provided I keep it up. no reason to sell.

Rhino1
10-05-2012, 09:22 PM
Seriously, blue book means nothing. And I wouldn't consider an '08 with 13k miles as "high mileage." I'd look at any bike with any mileage if the seller cared for it and could provide documentation.

I bought my '08 Uly with 34k on the clock, and I would have traded for NJDevil's 1125R with 20k without batting an eye (it is apparent that he knows his bike and takes care of it).

But I still stand by my statement that sh*tting on someone else's for sale thread is bad form--and it does seem to happen a lot on here, especially by some "dealers and vendors." The Classifieds section of a message board is NOT the same as an open discussion forum. The OP is being very polite about it. I would be more than pissed...

That's one of the things that I miss about face to face interaction--manners and etiquette can go out the window when you type on a key board...

Loki
10-06-2012, 03:09 AM
I agree. The only thing i get onto people who sell on here about are exact loan payoff prices and other then that they they say **** that is retarded (like mis-spelling Buell even). I dont mind high prices normal but i might tell someone they might have problems selling it at that, i actually like seeing higher prices.

THE CURRENT OWNERS (US) SET THE MARKET VALUE OF OUR BIKES. If some us werent hard pressed to get rid of their buell (which happens to the best of us) we could sit on them and force outside buyers to over time think our buell are worth the higher price.

Rhino1
10-06-2012, 03:17 AM
.... i actually like seeing higher prices.

THE CURRENT OWNERS (US) SET THE MARKET VALUE OF OUR BIKES. If some us werent hard pressed to get rid of their buell...

Exactly. We as owners/purchasers/sellers set the value (as realistic or unrealistic as that may be). But I think i've said enough about this. You all are a great bunch of Buellers!!! [up]

Alfatango1
10-06-2012, 03:48 AM
You must be around alot of **** tards. If a sport bike was made to only last 10,000 miles then we have a problem. Even at 30,000 miles, that would mean in the lifetime of my buell i would only get 2 valve adjustments before my engine is shot to hell? Poor investment on ANYONE who wants to buy a bike then.

get out of here with that I can see you're angry at my observations as a dealer, that's OK, I'm not talking about you or anyone you keeps and maintains their bikes. Just stating what I have run across in my business dealings and trade ins and at auction. There are a lot (and notice how I don't say alot, which is not a word) of owners who take care of their bikes very well but don't get repossessed or try to trade their **** into a dealer. I'm in San Diego, what the 6th or 8th largest city in the country, sure there are a lot (notice how a lot is two words, not one) "**** Tards" here who don't maintain their bikes, but I have to have my tech go through every one of them and the high mileage sport bikes are always the ones that are trashed.

Thaloc
10-06-2012, 04:06 AM
I say keep the price. Our bikes were 10k before HD gave dealers a 5k credit on all new Buells to get them off their floors. IMHO our bikes are still 10k bikes, specially now that they are not made anymore. There are no more new Buells to be had other than the new **** EBR is putting out, the market on our bikes is now set by us. As long as people keep selling your bikes for under 5k the price will never rise to what it should be. HD 5k credit was just to move them off the floor, and while im sure they knew it would be one last kick in the nuts to all of us that bought into the Buell brand, will lower the price of our bikes, its now our job to regulate the market on them,

I personally paid for my Buell before the fire sale at the big price tag number. I would never let my Bike go for what you all are selling them for now, and it kinda makes me sick. Ill just keep mine thanks.

Loki
10-06-2012, 04:17 AM
When you have to comment on someone using slang for a word you already know you lost the argument. Not to mention just about everyone in this thread agrees alongside my view on it.. You must be one of "those" dealers, So i understand.

timothycasetimothy
10-07-2012, 08:29 PM
So anyway, nice bike...GLWS!