PDA

View Full Version : Trouble

matchbox20fan3
11-07-2006, 01:49 PM
Yeah this Buell gives alot of trouble i guess its to make up for the great speed.

BuellPartsGuy
11-07-2006, 04:10 PM
[confused]

buellxb
11-07-2006, 06:44 PM
matchbox20fan3 - what trouble are you speaking of? Top speed, or acceleration?

BuellPartsGuy
11-08-2006, 01:33 AM
I dont think he knows whats going on.....:p

paperclip
11-11-2006, 01:40 PM
I think the engine in his buell is missing. It might be running on just 2 cylinders...[cool]

ROBO
06-24-2010, 03:27 PM
I've got trouble you could help me with and I'm ready for the stupidity slams!

Took my 06 Uly to a pressure washer (yes I know, but no diff than my F4i and 954RR) after a dirty ride to 4 peaks in AZ. Immediately after the pressure wash the bike coughs, misfires, stalls, cuts out between 2,000 and 4,000 RPM's... which is basically our entire range of RPM's.

The spark plugs read as expected for a misfiring coughing engine. New plugs, resistance in wires and ignition coil are normal. Everything's connected securely but it still stalls after starting until it warms up then coughs and chokes the rest of the time. The check engine light doesn't come on unless there is a huge misfire/stall/cut out/ etc. TROUBLE!!

Midnight82
06-24-2010, 03:32 PM
Water in the airbox?

Did you wash the whole bike down with the power washer? or just Engine/lower half?

Baal
06-24-2010, 04:02 PM
Hey, I'll give you credit for the resurrection of a completely unrelated thread! I got nothing on the misfire. [smirk]

delta one
06-24-2010, 04:26 PM
more than likely plug wires

the resistance will read fine but the insulation is bad in some area.
high pressure does that to them. I don't know if its around the boot or what but you will start loosing ground or arcing to the frame. again not sure of the exact issue here but new plug wires tend to fix it.
its an infrequent problem for those of us that ride in the rain too.

ROBO
06-24-2010, 04:38 PM
I washed the whole bike top to bottom and ill check the airbox again tonight but it ran the same with the air inlet valve exposed and without the airbox on

Ill replace the spark plug wires tomorrow and get back to you. Also I forgot to mention it idles at 1000 drops to 500 and if it doesn't stall first revs back up to 1000. It does this continuously .

Thanks! I figured id make some use out of an extremely vague thread title

ROBO
07-05-2010, 08:01 PM
Still looking for any suggestions. I changed the plug wires and ignition coil, reset the tps, and did some more serious wiggle testing. The idle isn't going high then low anymore, but it idles low and sometimes dies if I don't give it throttle. It still cuts out below 3000 rpms with occasional misfires.

I've exhausted the ignition system and am moving into the fuel sysytem. Its running like there is dirt in the fuel lines, but I don't see how a pressure washer could have done that.

Thoughts??