PDA

View Full Version : M2 rear ride height

driver7
11-24-2012, 09:16 AM
I just got my 1st buell a 98 M2 cyclone, i have searched and not came up with to much, im needing to lower the rear end , as im to short to have me feel flat on the ground, i have tried the pre load adjuster on the spring but not much help, lowering kits or different length shock.

Oldmule
11-24-2012, 09:01 PM
Lots of posts on here about making brackets to aftermarket shocks. You need to decide how much you can do yourself or spend on parts. That's going to be your guide. I don't know what changed (if anything) from 98 to 02 like mine, but it's pretty simple to make a bracket since this is a pull system. Do a search for "lowering" and you will see where one of the guys made one out of all thread so it's adjustable. Pretty slick setup.

Play with some search topics.

I weld and such, so I'm just going to pop the shock loose and drop the bike with a scissor jack to the height I want and then make up a bracket to fit it.

PS, if you drop the back a lot, you need to check your rake and trail calculations so you don't jack it up.
http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/advchoppercalc.html

driver7
12-01-2012, 09:56 PM
tks for the reply, i cant use all thread on this app, my bike has the last recall shock assy on it, the showa with ext resivor with the bracket kit, so current shock is about 14.75 long , but i did find a org equip shock that is about 16.25 long, which i will pick up next week, and try and see if it drops enough, before i fab a new front bracket, and re install the better shock, as its solid on the ends, and not prone to breaking like the org equip one was.then i will have a better reference to how much longer to make the bracket, as to make it 1 time , i will post how it goes, as im sure there are more riders out there with short legs as my self 30" in seam

Oldmule
12-03-2012, 10:35 AM
I ended up welding on two brackets to mine last night. It moved it 2.5" back and down about 1" so the chock was not off angle with the bike.
Good luck with the shock. I have to replace mine too, I found out the exterior res is blown on mine. I tilted it and watery oil ran out. Just one more thing on this bike.... Replaced the stator this weekend too.

cimbad62
01-15-2015, 10:43 PM
Would any body out there know if there is any kind of lowering link for a 2000 m2 cyclone? And if so from who. I know there are companies out there that do offer a different shock but I don't feel like spending well over a grand.

pur pony
01-16-2015, 01:25 AM
Wes-tek used to make a new front bracket that lowers the rearend.... but i dont think they are in business any longer. I had one that i sold a few months ago. If you look around they pop up on badweb from time to time for sale.

macmotor
03-02-2015, 03:19 AM
I have the shock and forks off of an M2L if you want shock measurements. I raised my m2l it was roughly an inch difference.