PDA

View Full Version : engine rebuild kit

jansenmounce
11-26-2012, 09:29 PM
I am looking to rebuild the engine in my 2001 blast. I almost positive that it needs rings as it smokes pretty bad. I would like to no if anyone know a good place to buy a kit to rebuild or a parts list of what i would need. Thanks.

jimijeans
12-03-2012, 10:37 PM
A Manual will help with that. Now you could Call or E-mail Rev. Performance .com - American Sportbike .com ... The Aftermarket Providers should be able to help you with that. If the Engine is just Smoking then You MIGHT be able to Reman the Jugs area with Piston, All Rings and Wrist pin Clips and Valve job.
I would Replace the Valves & Seals and Springs along with the Rockers. Gaskets too of course. Get some Stock Lifters and check the oil pump Gearing as well. Me I would do the Whole Engine if I had the Moneys.
If you are on a Budget then the Upper Head Areas is OK FOR Now but at least you will have a place to get parts for another time. Should it come to that. Remember to use Synthetic Oil. Good Luck. *Jimi

ezblast
12-13-2012, 07:15 PM
Buy a 515 kit from Rev.performance - ask for a Wisco piston - all the gaskets will be supplied in the kit, if you think your head seal is bad, they can rebuild your head at a modest fee for stage one, and ask if the inlet can be a tad bigger than stock on the stage one. Specify the Cometic 10/20 gasket set as well to be part of the kit.
EZ