PDA

View Full Version : mysterious oil leak

telecolin
11-30-2012, 04:40 PM
I have a 2006 xb12x ulysses that has had a small but persistant oil leak that I cannot seem to fix. The oil seems to be coming from the seal between the oil pump and the bottom of the the crankcase on the transmission side. I have tried replacing the gasket, removing the gasket and using RTV ultrablack, tightening the bolts past the torque in the user manual and nothing seems to work. It only seems to happen after it has reached operating temperature and when i spend a significant amount of time at or above 4000 RPM. any help would be great! it is really annoying to have oil all over the exhaust!

thewanmanrules
11-30-2012, 08:34 PM
have you checked your oil line fittings... I had the same issue until dealing with them...

telecolin
11-30-2012, 09:28 PM
Thats what I thought it was at first so i checked them and none were leaking. just to be safe I took them all off and cleaned them and put them back together with PTFE. I took the exhaust off to clean everything up and saw the the oil was coming from up by the top of the oil pump where it attaches to the engine block.