PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Blast - adjusted clutch; now rolls in gear

bpisechko
12-15-2012, 08:36 AM
Morning All...need some help with my sons bike. I have a Victory and he just bought a used Blast....great starter bike for college kid and new rider and tons of fun.
He called a few weeks ago with clutch being really loose... could not pull lever enough to disengage clutch while riding/shifting. He adjusted clutch cable, worked for a day or so then more slack. Adjusted again then okay for day then no bueno. Long story short no more adjustment helped.
I took off primary cover, after reading some, and ended up adjusting per instructions. tighten all the way down (did have a ton of slack)then back off a quarter turn, tighten again, back off a quarter. Note** I did not actuate clutch lever the first time to "seat clutch" before putting it all back together. I did lose some fluid but replaced it.
Adjusted clutch pull; fire it up and no good!! I pull in clutch to start and when i release it the tranny does not engage. Also, bike will free roll while in gear.
Note** While adjusting I did back clutch adjustment screw all the way OUT by mistake!!?? then tightened and adjusted per instructions.
Now...seems to be good pull on clutch lever but bike will not go in gear when released.
Thoughts? Help? Advice?

Thanks in advance!

jetlee
12-15-2012, 02:22 PM
You don't tighten it.

First loosen up the lever a lot. Then you unscrew the clutch screw so it's all floppy loose, screw it in until you feel tension, back it out 1/4 turn (should be no tension on the screw). Then readjust lever/cable so there is 1/8" space at the lever stop.

Timeless
12-15-2012, 04:19 PM
Sounds like you adjusted it wrong. Go back to the service manual and follow the instructions carefully.