PDA

View Full Version : X1 lightning carb and ign changes

Chris G
12-10-2008, 08:04 PM
I have an 01 X1 lightning and want to modify heavily into a bare bones streetbike. I want to remove all the wiring involved with ECM and FI and run a 42 mm Mikuni carb. what do I need to do to install a bare bones ignition sysem or can I make the existing ignition system work without fuel injection?

itsnotlevel
12-21-2008, 10:43 PM
Chris,
It is possible but im sure you dont want to mess with all that. Its wayyy easier just to tear out all the wiring for the FI, and throw in an after market ignition. Dyna makes a whole set up...its about $399...but I found another, which is made by Dyna but for a company called Ultima. They manufacture motors, but use the dyna system. Im not sure if they sell a dual fire ignition but I wasnt worried, youre only talking about one more wire for a single fire ignition set up. And for less than half the price it more than justifiable. Ive attached a pic and the best price I found was $169 with shipping....but as we speak I just searched ebay and found a better price.....$145, hit me back if you cant find anything ill see what I can do.... [mad]....so if you jump on that youll save more than I did! The kit couldnt be more straight forward and simple. I cant imagine youll have much of an issue. Hope this helps! Later!

Oh, didnt give all the info man, sorry, pic attached too.....if you search ebay, DYNA ULTIMA 2000i SINGLE-FIRE IGNITION COIL KIT HARLEY, and here is the link, maybe this one will work... http://stores.ebay.com/AMERICAN-CLASSIC-MOTORS and they have one up now ebay Item number: 350142721199....again, hope this helps!