PDA

View Full Version : Too much fuel pressure?

luv2ride
12-23-2012, 09:43 AM
Well by now im sure youve all grown weary of my ramblings. Lol. Well heres another one. So two weeks ago I had the x1 running although the chrysler regulator would only make 30psi. It did run but not well. I exchanged it for the fp262 mentioned here on the site. Well now im getting 50psi at key on but now it wont start. Huh? Too much pressure? Ive got a buell regulator on the way from my local harley dealer. Ive got spark. So whats the deal?

luv2ride
12-23-2012, 02:39 PM
Alright, I assume you all have perfect bikes that never need repair. So ill explain whats going on. The regulator seems to not fit just right. When the fp primes gas spits out underneath and doesnt seem to come out of the hole on top. It shouldnt do that . I guess ill wait for the hd one.

uly luigi
12-24-2012, 05:09 AM
I've never had a problem with mine, but, if it is leaking fuel, I wouldn't ride,

crxtasy169
12-24-2012, 03:29 PM
Make sure you didn't crush the o ring when you put it in. I had this happen once. Use a lot of silicone spray on the rings just before installing. It will be a lot easier and save your rings.

luv2ride
12-24-2012, 07:27 PM
Fuel isn't leaking from the tank. It isnt making the path through the regulator like the old one did. It seems the screen part of the regulator where fuel gets pumped in is not fitting right. And gas is escaping around the side and spraying back out underneath

crxtasy169
12-26-2012, 05:08 PM
I didn't mean the orings on the tank, I meant the ones on the fuel bressure regulator itself. there is a small oring and a large one. if the small one got messed up during installation it will let fuel by the regulator.

luv2ride
12-29-2012, 06:00 PM
Well. The thing is, it had little plastic/nylon o rings. I switched to rubber one since it seemed to fit tighter. The plastic ones didnt fit well at all.