PDA

View Full Version : XB12 Exhaust and ECM

Snosnake65
12-24-2012, 06:42 PM
I like my 12Ss performance with stock ecm, but the stock exhaust is too docile. I like the sound of my 9 with a race ecm and Jardine. Has anyone had success with using the stock ECM with and aftermarket or mod pipe?

d_adams
12-24-2012, 07:33 PM
One of these and the Tuniversity would work for you.

http://i643.photobucket.com/albums/uu151/dadams1969/xb9/IMAG1473.jpg

PCes2Zp_d1k

glenn r
12-25-2012, 08:39 AM
ebr website has preprogrammed ecms for a variety of exhuasts and mods $350 ouch or buy ecmspy cable off ebay you can then download different maps if you are comfortable with messing with your bikes brain.that or send your pipe and ecm to hawk performance he will modify pipe and ecm for $195 $175 if a veteran. had him mod my ulysses sounds like a twin should now .installed pipe and ecm did a tps reset bike started right up no problems

Snosnake65
12-26-2012, 05:22 PM
Hope it sounds as good as it looks.
I want to maintain a semi stock appearance on my 12Ss, as much as possible, and keep the use of the chin spoiler.
I guess what I'd like to know is if anyone has opened up the stock pipe on a 12, and maintained a stock ECM without too much programming trouble.
My 9Sx has a race ECM and jardine can, which I use ECMspy to reset the TPS every once in awhile. This setup is OK but I'd rather not invest a ton of cash in new hi perf pipe and ecm on my 12, if I can just open my pipe to get some grumble. I'm looking for more noise, not HP. I ride in the city quite a bit and the extra noise let's cagers know I'm there. In Madison WI drivers tend to lane change first and signal later, ya know? And then there are those that think their turn signals automajically clear the lane for them. But that's different thread, now isn't it?

So I would appreciate any advice from riders who have kept minimalist attitude on the pipe and ecm mods for their XB12's.

Thanks in advance.
http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/5764_20121211115630_L.jpg