PDA

View Full Version : Buying SCG/L Suspension for 09XB9SX

09BuellXB9SX
01-09-2013, 11:51 PM
Hello all,

Brand new to the site, just purchased my first 09 XB9SX and it is sitting too tall for me at the stock height. If anyone is selling a SCG/L Suspension setup that will work for my 09 I will buy or trade you my stock "normal" height suspension for it. Need:

Forks (preferably black)
Lower Triple
Kickstand
Rear shock

Thanks in advance and preferably looking for all black to match my bike

redrider
01-10-2013, 01:14 PM
Hard to find ! So you can think of trying this . Order scg shock from LSHD1 Buy a low seat Ebay or forum kick stand Ebay or forum or if your handy shorten it . slip your forks about an inch thru triple trees. I am sure I am not the only one running this setup.

FastTimes
01-10-2013, 07:43 PM
There is a set of black forks on Dallas Craigslist -- don't know if they are scg / L or not but its worth checking

thrstrmech
01-10-2013, 08:41 PM
you have an SX, k, what seat do you have on it, look at the seat pan, the one highlighted by the white dot will tell which it is, there are several seats...M0090.1AD, M0090.1AJ, M0090.1AC, M0076.1AD (Low seat), and a few other numbers out there, the 1AD and 1AC are the same seat, covers are smooth and the other textured, 1AJ is a very high seat, stock on the city x model, also the 1AD/1AC looks like the low seat, but taller, use google images and search the part numbers to see what I'm taking 'bout, start with a different seat first, if it's still not working for ya, then go for the rest of the parts

09BuellXB9SX
01-10-2013, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the replies, checked the seat and it is the stock "normal" height. I emailed Baldwin and will be purchasing the low seat from them first, but would like to be able to flat foot as close as possible rather than tip toe. Im just under 5'7. Redrider thanks i think that sounds perfect, if i slip them will i have to worry about them "bottoming out" sort of thing? Just never done that before thanks again people!

redrider
01-11-2013, 04:34 PM
No they will not bottom out . When you slip your forks you dont lose any travel thats the good thing about it. But!!!!! you have to remove the two keeper rings that are at the top of the forks. If you pm me your cell. I will go over the pros and cons. of your setup.

09BuellXB9SX
01-12-2013, 04:26 AM
Ok so just wanted to double check to ensure i have proper parts numbers before I purchase anything. If someone could help and double check with me i would greatly appreciate it. I have a 2009 XB9SX

K0410.1AE - Rear Shock

L0167.5AE - Sidestand

The lower triple tree is the one that I am not positive about, would this fit my 2009 XB9 cityx?
J0106.02A8CYT - Lower Triple Tree

I read on another post that it is dangerous to slipp them, however another member wrote back he had over 1k miles on his slipped and they were holding fine. He checks them before and after every ride, would i have to do this? If so i think it would just be worth it to purchase the left and right fork assemblys for ease of mind no? Thanks again, everyones knowledge is really helping me out and I cant wait to have everything done for this riding season haha

oh9bolt
01-12-2013, 05:55 AM
Yes that is the correct number for the lower triple.

IMO I would do it the correct way by buying new forks, not slipping the stock height ones. I put CG suspension on my Firebolt a couple years ago and it wasnt that hard to find all the parts, keep an eye on ebay, craigslist, buellsterparts.com or just buy everything new at a dealer.

These are all the part numbers you need:

J0106.02A8CYT - Lower Triple Tree

J0121.7AEZT - Left Fork Assembly

J0122.7AEZT - Right Fork Assembly

K0410.1AE - Rear Shock

L0167.5AE - Sidestand

09BuellXB9SX
01-12-2013, 12:49 PM
Awesome thanks for everyones help with this, It looks like I will go price this all out compared to buying the parts from a dealer vs http://www.cyclepartsforless.com. I will let you all know how it goes and post some pics up with before and after.