PDA

View Full Version : SCG to S suspension swap.

jabooty
12-19-2008, 02:14 AM
i have an 06 XB12S. i'm looking to swap suspension with a 05 XB SCG.
we are swapping front forks, lower triple, rear shock and sidestand.

will this work?

BuellPartsGuy
12-19-2008, 04:03 AM
Lowering Kit Info (http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Forum/Buell-Firebolt-XB12-XB9/Buell-aftermarket-parts/Firebolt-Lowering-Kit)

Check out that post......

jabooty
12-21-2008, 02:37 AM
thanks! i read the post but just wanted to make sure.

daponik
07-21-2009, 12:49 PM
I went thru dozens of pages using the Search and this was the closest thread I could find. All the ones that linked back to the Lowering thread all ended in a "Page Not Found".

Anyhow, my question is similar. I have an 09 XB12Scg and I want to raise it up. What parts would I need to swap out to the stock height of the 09Ss. My guess would be front springs, damping rods, and the rear shock. BPG, can you get me the part numbers needed to pull this off?

xtremelow
07-21-2009, 12:59 PM
I would be willing to swap out stock R front forks with you. It sits a little lower than a Ss but would still lift your bike 2" up front. Then you could find someone to swap rear shocks with which should be simple, I would if I didn't already have done it.

One thing you may want to think about is in the rear the Ss has an extended swing arm for the added travel so just throwing on an Ss rear shock will most likely lift your bike to much and throw off all of the handlingand suspension geometry.

I would recomend doing a stock S or R setup and then go with a thicker seat.

daponik
07-22-2009, 11:18 AM
I'm interested, but what year are your stock R forks from? I'll only do it if they are black anodized like the ones coming off my 09 Scg.

Thanks for the tip on the swingarm. I'll make sure I get a shock off of a regular S model then, not an Ss.

xtremelow
07-22-2009, 01:07 PM
No mine are silver, off an '03, mint but off an '03 and silver. Damn!

daponik
07-26-2009, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the offer, though, xtremelow. I managed to find a used shock on eBay from an 04 S model, so that should get me started. Time to start the search for the front forks now. I just missed out on a set of XB9SX forks today, got outbid. It went for only $306 and included the triple trees, darn it.