PDA

View Full Version : Race ECM users?

HooliKen
02-16-2013, 10:21 AM
If I should happen to have an 06 Uly, and should happen to have an 07 airbox, K&N, and a Hawk exhaust......would anyone happen to have run a Buell Race ECM with any success with this combination? Site does not list this combo as being available. But I cannot see this being that much different than another modified exhaust that does away with the interactive valve.

Input?

Thanks

uly luigi
02-16-2013, 12:04 PM
An 06 KN tuned ecm from EBR is what you would want, give them a call, they don't throw CEL lights for the Exhaust valve any way

buellxb9rs
02-16-2013, 08:22 PM
It will run, and youcan get the maps from buellmods.com. but, tuning it would be much better.

Tacolover
04-14-2013, 09:52 PM
I bought a 06 Uly from a friend who was going to ship to Alaska for a ride on the back roads. I am the 3rd owner of this bike and only had 750 miles on it. Both previous owners were about 5' 9" and was too tall for them. This bike had been ridden very little in past 2-years, stored in Florida and he brought it to me in Houston.

Love the bike but hated the sound and seemed to have a hesitation coming off idle. I bit the bullet and sent my stock muffler to KD Fabrications/Kevin Drummer, ordered the race ECM for it and K&N Air Filter. 3-weeks later I took bike to Harley Davidson for a TPS reset. Bike seemed to run well however in Houston traffic bike seemed to load up more and more.

Decided to perform the 1,000 mile scheduled maintenance, wondered about the spark plus and sent Erik Buell a email asking about the plugs since it was his bike, his race ECM but my problem. He advised putting the Champion 10R12X plugs in it so just finished that chore up. What a pain...

Bike runs very well much less backpop on decel hoping it holds true.

The old plugs were the 10R12A. The color burn looked good on rear plug however the front plug was sooted up more and the center electrode had about a 40 degree angle facing from the side you would check the gap or open end of the ground electrode. Weird and the behind/underneath compression washer was wet with fuel/carbon. My thought is this was some sort of plug failure, I know front cylinder runs colder than rear but this is something I have never seen before.

Tomorrow gets the check primary chain/change primary oil out to Redline MT-90 75W90 GL-4 oil and Mobil 1 20-50 for V-Twins for engine oil.

Although it's too soon to give a honest answer regarding Erik Buell Eace ECM I will keep up with this post and keep you all informed.

Engine Fluids/oil change has very few miles on it and previous owner is not sure if the primary oil has ever been changed. I'm just doing it all to know exactly where I am at.

Myself am a old dirt bike guy and have never owned a fuel injected bike before. Tuned/rejetted many a motorcycles/carburetors over the years and am considered quite good at it. Biggest bike I have ever owned previously is a Honda CB-750 with the 811 kit and thought that was fast...

sparky300
04-14-2013, 10:03 PM
???

Was that a threadjack?

Tacolover
04-14-2013, 10:35 PM
Not a threadjack by me.

Just introduced myself and gave my issues with a race ecm so far. Perhaps a little long winded, unsure of this forum proper etiquette...