PDA

View Full Version : Seat mounting

03fire9r
12-25-2008, 10:49 PM
Hi everyone, I am new to posting on this site but I have been reading the forum for about 4 months and it seems like there is defenetly some really good information here, so thanks for the help in advance.

So I bought a 2003 Firebolt XB9R and have found that I absolutely love the bike although I only got to ride it about 400 miles before I had to store it for the winter. I have done a thorough inspection on the bike and only found one thing wrong with it.

The problem is that the front slot that the main seat slides into is broken and completely gone. All I need are the measurements for how high it sits off of the tail frame and how wide it is.

Thanks, Matt

ophawk
12-26-2008, 05:32 PM
I can't help with the Measurements, But Welcome to the Party.
Ride Safe
Later

joshs74nova
12-27-2008, 12:29 AM
I feel your pain. The first owner of mine didn't place/slide it in correctly and sat on it. So it's bent and wont go back in.

I've never had any problem with it bent like it is.

03fire9r
12-27-2008, 05:32 PM
yeah mine is completely broken off at both sides where it is welded to the tail frame
Anybody out there able to help with the height???

Ralph2
12-28-2008, 06:48 PM
Can't give you the height until Tuesday, someone else will be along before then no doubt.

Remember the frame is aluminium. If you can't weld in ally you could hold the bracket on with a couple of tie wraps. Also it has a 'lead in' on the top edge to guide the tounge on the seat down and hold it under tension.

03fire9r
12-29-2008, 01:09 AM
Thanks for the help my friend actually went to the closest Buell dealership which is 70 miles away and took some really good pictures and the measurements. I do see in the pictures what you are talking about with the lead in to make installing the seat easier.

Thanks again,
Matt

firechickenXB9R
12-29-2008, 08:23 PM
That peise is on the sub frame. Which is steel and can be welded very easy.

03fire9r
12-30-2008, 03:00 AM
On my bike the rear frame is pure aluminum.... I think I am going to make a steel bracket for it and pop-rivet it on to the frame using special rivets designed for snowmobiles.