PDA

View Full Version : 01 blast will not start

jansenmounce
02-26-2013, 06:45 PM
I have a 01 blast that will not start. It has new coil, plug, wire, boot, and i cannot get it to start. It has spark but it doesnt seem very strong, kind of an orange color.

justin4260
06-29-2013, 02:24 PM
there are three things your are looking for, spark, fuel and air. if you don't have even one of those things, it wont fire. you already have spark, good. now you need to check for fuel. check the jets and make sure they are not clogged. clean your carb, and make sure your fuel line isn't clogged either. if you have old gas, something is probably gummed up from the gas evaporating and leaving gummy residue. if you do have old gas (or its yellow), drain it, and put new gas in. put as high octane as you can find in it. runs better with higher octane. low octane makes it hard to start. also adjust your air/fuel mixture screw to 2 1/2 turns from soft bottom (barely touching the bottom). check for compression. should have at least 130 psi. check your kickstand safety switch, and your clutch safety switch. check your static timing.

jetlee
06-29-2013, 04:28 PM
clean your carb, and make sure your fuel line isn't clogged either

NO! DO NOT CLEAN YOUR CARB!

Merely remove the cap, slide and fuel bowl then blow everything clean with carb cleaner and air. Re-attach the fuel bowl, put the slide back in (with needle and spring still in place) and put the cap back on.

DO NOT CLEAN IT ANY MORE THAN THIS.

justin4260
06-29-2013, 04:33 PM
yeah don't mess with anything in the carb. just spray cleaner. you could adjust something without knowing and have to get it tuned back. its very expensive.

jetlee- that's what I mean by cleaning. but I should make it more clear.

jetlee
06-29-2013, 04:49 PM
jetlee- that's what I mean by cleaning. but I should make it more clear.
Yeah, most people take "cleaning" as completely disassemble and scrub everything. Then they reassemble it incorrectly and we're chasing our tails for months.