PDA

View Full Version : EBR Wants Your Vote For Dealerships

RedWhiteandBuell
03-01-2013, 05:57 PM
I was surprised this wasn't posted up here yet. I sent in my vote for our main import dealer here in Omaha, Dillon Brothers Motorsports. They carry the big four Japanese brands, Triumph, and more recently KTM. I think the new EBRs would fit right in. They also have a Harley Dealership right next door that was their original dealership, but I noted in my vote that a lot of loyal Buell fans would hate to see the new EBR bikes in Harley dealers next to their antiquated machines and that It just wouldn't be right. LOL [smirk] I wasn't slamming their HD side of the dealership, just Harley in general and was making the point that I think their bikes would be a better fit with all the other "SPORT BIKES."

From the EBR Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/ErikBuellRacing)

Would you like your existing dealer to carry EBR bikes? If so, click on the “VOTE” tab above and nominate your dealer. Good things can come to those who nominate.

There is Vote button next to their "Likes" at the top of their page. Here is the direct link to the vote page. (https://www.facebook.com/ErikBuellRacing/app_200103733347528)

They want:

A qualified dealer must be passionate about sport bikes, service and the overall customer experience. They've been in business for a number of years and have an excellent reputation with sport bike riders.- Name of Dealer
- City/Country of Dealer
- Owner's First/Last Name
- Dealer Phone Number
- Your First/Last Name
- Your Email
- Tell Us Why You Recommend Your Dealer

And this was the Confirmation Email I received from them:

We are seeking the very best to partner with. If we sign your dealer, as a special gift from us, you can choose from any shirt or t-shirt on our EBR Racewear website and you'll also receive a signed "Thank you" letter from Erik Buell.

http://ebrracewear.com/

Only one nomination per person.

stensg
03-01-2013, 06:22 PM
I wish I had a good dealer where I live every place but Harley are stuck up preppy know it alls that don't seam to give a crap that you want to spend your money with them. I went in to get new tires yesterday and left with nothing. Two shops besides Harley here and one is only good for gear the sales lady's are the only polite ones in the shop. [mad] sorry rant over

Dave A
03-01-2013, 08:34 PM
I can't think of one single shop I've visited in St. Louis Mo. deserving. I could make a list of places I didn't like and list the reasons why. Maybe that would help.

sparky300
03-01-2013, 08:35 PM
but Harley are stuck up preppy know it alls that don't seam to give a crap

Somehow I don't think EBR will be selecting any HD dealers to showcase their bikes...bwahahahahahahaha!

thrstrmech
03-01-2013, 09:07 PM
I'll be heading over to my local sportbike shop and get their details for nomination[up] thanks for putting the info up

drebinpk
03-06-2013, 01:14 AM
what about donelson cycles in st.louis?

mowgoli84
03-06-2013, 09:20 AM
Hmm i vote for actually seeing a product before i recommend a dealer....lol[smirk]

nikfleisch
03-06-2013, 09:22 AM
Hals harley in milwaukee already is an EBR dealer, BUT a couple of the shop guys race buells, and are awesome....

konarider94
03-06-2013, 09:28 AM
Hmm i vote for actually seeing a product before i recommend a dealer....lol

That's why they need more dealers although in my mind it seems like it would help stir interest. They have to be doing this as a crowd source way of getting good dealership leads. If they had plenty of dealers signed already they wouldn't be asking for more. You cant launch a product line without a network of dealers already committed. We should see them all by October.

mowgoli84
03-06-2013, 12:41 PM
We should see them all by October.

I know what you mean...however, that's what they said last year. Another riding season will go by and whether people wanna acknowledge it or not they're losing potential customers left and right simply because people are tired of waiting around.
Maybe they could've avoided that by not saying in articles last fall that they're on the cusp of revealing new bikes for 2013...cause this October sounds more like 2014 bikes to me.

Either way, doesn't matter to me... I'm more interested in a ktm or Aprilia for my next bike. Mostly because the inevitable lack of support EBR bikes will have in most markets around the country, at least initially.

I still think an 1125 is an incredible bang for your buck... But I'll be curious to see how much better of a performer this 15-20k bike will be than a 5k 1125... For 15-20k....you have a Lot of options...ducati, aprilia, ktm... All Proven brands with good dealer support.

Carry on!