PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy ULY

27TJBike
03-05-2013, 08:21 AM
Hey Ive wandered the forum a while, read some great stuff and now looking to pick some "grey matter" in the form of views and opinions.
I am looking at a 06 ULY stock with side cases and 30K on the clock. Guy is asking $5300 for it.
quick glance looks good but going back with a list of things to "look at" that ive seen here (thanks) and give it a thurough going over.
Questions, 30k (no known history to check) mileage worries? Too close to rebuild time?
Price/W 30K too high?
Looking at it as daily rider weekend fun machine. Been riding 25+ years owned lots of bikes along the way some good some not so bad. Last bike was a VRod, before that a Drifter. Cant seem to find one that meets multiple needs at once. Plus do to injury I now have a "new knee" so bend comfort and bike weight are concerns so any input on that front is welcome as well.
Thanks for any and all feedback in advance.

user_deleted
03-05-2013, 04:41 PM
don't know where you're located but he's about $1000 on the high side IMO. they're is a very nice 07 Uly for sale with much lower mileage up the road from me in ballpark price.

lyonne
03-10-2013, 01:48 PM
I agree. I picked up a 2008 with 30k miles for $3200 last year. However, it didn't have bags and needed a new seat. The asking price was $3800. You would be surprised what people will agree to when they see cash. I was glad to find a cheap 2008 as the rod bearings on the 2006 kind of scared me. I don't mind working on the bike, but rod bearings are not high on my list.

BuellyBagger
03-10-2013, 05:29 PM
i wouldnt be too concerned bout the upgraded bearings.. the pre08 bikes have a lower redline than the 08+ bikes to prevent wasting the less heavy duty crank bearings (they're still plenty strong).

Later model ulys do have the 3bearing rear wheel which is a plus if ur goin to be offroading or carrying alot of weight often. But the older bikes can be upgraded by buying a new rear wheel.

08+also has a higher degree steering lock and (on the X) they have bigger front forks, the XT's have the same front fork diameter as the older ones.

loosemoney
03-11-2013, 08:35 AM
I have for Sale a 2008 Buell Ulysses with only 7054 miles on the clock and this model came with factory heated grips! Currently installed on the bike are factory panniers, smoked turn signals, Aprilla Tuono mirrors and a leather tank cover. I also have a few extra items that come with the bike that I have not installed; a low seat kit, a tall windscreen and a K&N filter. The bike has fresh rubber with new front and rear wheel bearings and is up to date on the service. $6500.00 I'm located in West Georgia, I don't check e-mail very often so give me a call @ (770) 318-0260

user_deleted
03-12-2013, 09:43 AM
loosemoney: that's a great deal.

Tbone
03-14-2013, 03:20 PM
That is a good deal Loosemoney. I have a 2009 I bought last Oct for less than $7000 including TT&L with 13K miles, and a lot of extra's. 4 Air boxes, extra Stock Muffler, Service Manual, Hard sides, Madstad Windshield, 3 bearing rear wheel, Extra drive belt, comfort Kit installed, throttle Lock, Low seat, K&N Filter. Really do enjoy this bike. Had some wiring issues initially that so far have been repaired by the dealer. Overall this bike has been great!

red450
03-15-2013, 11:46 AM
I personally wouldn't worry about the mileage. I bought my 06 last October w/67k miles on it! Paid $3000 w/full hard luggage, heated grips and the taller screen. Uly's seem to be pretty rare here, so I couldn't pass it up.

I'd rather have a bike that has been ridden then one that has been sitting.

wr5757
03-15-2013, 12:10 PM
I was originally looking for a uly, however finding a good deal on one was somewhat difficult. I was a little impatient and grabbed an XB9S that was for sale, parts of me wished I would have held out for a uly. Don't get me wrong though I still love my buell.

glenn r
03-15-2013, 04:21 PM
bought 2006 ulysses last year n may with 14000 for 5k put onover 5000 additional miles up till november when had to hibernate in northern illinois no problems at all former owner babied bike ride em dont hide em

Alien
03-20-2013, 09:37 PM
Where are you located? I have a Uly for sale. I'm currently touring the south on it but can pretty much ride her anywhere. Check it out here.

http://www.buellxb.com/Buells-for-Sale/Other-Buells-for-Sale/2006-Buell-fsft